LegacyGT.com

Replacement of Front Speakers

SUBE_MN

I want to replace my front door speakers. Has anyone done this? Do you have pictures/instructions as to how the door panels are removed? Crutchfield has the speaker sizes, but they say they don't have instructions yet specifically for the 2005 Legacy. They also provide adapter rings. Are there any issues getting the speakers installed when using these?

I received 6 requests for pdfs and I promptly sent them out, but you know what? Not a single one thanked me or even acknowledged receiving them. My feelings are hurt. I think I'll skip this site for awhile. Just no love here.

[quote name='Weasel']I received 6 requests for pdfs and I promptly sent them out, but you know what? Not a single one thanked me or even acknowledged receiving them. My feelings are hurt. I think I'll skip this site for awhile. Just no love here.[/quote] You get love from me if it means anything! :oops:

[quote name='Weasel']I received 6 requests for pdfs and I promptly sent them out, but you know what? Not a single one thanked me or even acknowledged receiving them. My feelings are hurt. I think I'll skip this site for awhile. Just no love here.[/quote] Hey, I said thanks before I got it! Really though I don't visit the Intarweb for social acceptence, so maybe I don't understand what your going through :(

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='Weasel']I received 6 requests for pdfs and I promptly sent them out, but you know what? Not a single one thanked me or even acknowledged receiving them. My feelings are hurt. I think I'll skip this site for awhile. Just no love here.[/quote] You get love from me if it means anything! :oops:[/quote] Eww! Creepy. "Ahh! it's a guy! Wait, pre-op or post-op? Ahh! it's a guy!"

[quote name='Helfrick'][quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='Weasel']I received 6 requests for pdfs and I promptly sent them out, but you know what? Not a single one thanked me or even acknowledged receiving them. My feelings are hurt. I think I'll skip this site for awhile. Just no love here.[/quote] You get love from me if it means anything! :oops:[/quote] Eww! Creepy. "Ahh! it's a guy! Wait, pre-op or post-op? Ahh! it's a guy!"[/quote] Well hi there big boy.... :oops:

I Thought I would let you all know that I did the speaker change last night I put standard size Eclipse 6-"1/2 in all four doors and yes you have to drill new mounting holes but you will also have to shim the front pair out about a half inch after I was all finished and had all my tools put away I realized that both front windows hit the back of the speakers and wouldn't go all the way down...fixed now and sounds great! :D

jsafe, Any problems with the factory speaker connectors? I have always hated having to cut them off (because there is usually not a whole lot of extra wire in there). I have an Infinity component set that I was going to put into my weekend car, but might stick in my LGT now. Only issue might put finding somewhere to place/wiring the crossover. Thanks

rockford33 I cut the front wires and patched in a new wire that fit the speakers.. the rear I just unplugged and made a jumper wire using standard male inserts in any common connector kit. the front was a much smaller plug that I didn't have the fitting to make a jumper from the factory wires so off they went...

Archived