LegacyGT.com

Track (Drag) Day - Ohio - May 5th - National Trails Raceway

mccorry

Who would be interested? This will be on a Friday... from noon - 9:00PM @ National Trails Raceway (1 hour east of Columbus, Ohio).

Cost will be ~ $25.

We will have the track for our group (I am guessing 30-50 cars) from noon - 5:00PM. You will be able to run your car as many times as you want (easily 20-30 passes if you want). At 5:00... the track will be prepped for test and tune... which starts at 6:00 PM. We will then have our own lane from 6:00 - close to run during test and tune.

If you just want to come out @ 6:00PM for Test and tune, it is $10, I believe. But you will probably only get ~1-2 runs during that time. I usually only stay to watch.

I will post more details as I get them.....

OK... Update... The May 5th date is a go. If you are interested in attending....

1.) You will need to send payment to me by Friday, April 28th. Payments after the 28th will not be accepted. I accept Paypal cash transfers. Send payment to mccorry@wideopenwest.com and be sure to include:

* your full name

* nickname on the board

* car(s) make and model

* contact information (phone)

2.) Cost to participate is $25 per racer. Specators are free. Plan on bringing a cooler and food with you... they are allowed.... and encouraged.

3.) There is to be no hot rodding in the pits or driving over the posted speed limits. If you are found doing so... you will be asked to leave. We have been invited to attend this meet.... and I want our group to leave a good impression like last year.

4.) Your car(s) will need to be inspected by NHRA inspectors once you arrive at the track... before you can race. Your car and your safety equipment (belts, helmets, etc.) will be checked. If the car doesn't pass inspection... you will not be allowed to race.

5.) An approved helmet is required if you run 13.99 or faster.

6.) Long pants are required when racing... bring some sweats or wear long pants.

7.) As we get closer... I will set up a time and place for our group to meet so that we can travel to the track together....

8.) The schedule of events as it stands now.....

Track opens - noon

Inspections - noon - 1:30 PM

Racing - 12:30 - 5:00 PM

Track prep - 5:00 - 6:00 PM

Test & Tune - 6:00 - 9:00 PM

Any other questions?

Steve

I'm interested, will have everything figured out for sure by tommorow though!

edit: Would a motorcycle helmet count as an approved helmet? I've never ran any cars that broke 13s yet..

Just let me know. I'd bring your helmet with you just in case. If it doesn't pass... there are others that people will let you borrow / share....

If you plan on attending the May 5th track day at National Trails.... I need you to pay by tommorrow evening.

The only people who have paid from LGT.com are:

1.) mccorry

2.) Legacy2005

This track day is with 3 other groups and we are pretty close on # of cars. We need 30 (we have ~20 right now) to cover the cost of the track rental.

Please let me know ASAP.

Thanks,

Steve

Archived