LegacyGT.com

The Fit is Go!

The same people that buy a celica won't buy a fit, and vice versa.

You are comparing apples with oranges.

Its like comparing a base Mercedes C class to a Honda Odyssey. They are both within 5 grand of each other but you can't put them in a comparison.

Doesn't the celica have two doors?:rolleyes:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a troll, but you really asked for this. If you are going to correct someone, you had better be damned sure you are right. Just so everyone else knows and is not misinformed:

"low and behold". not "long and behold"

Correction = Lo and behold.

They can save time and money and just bury you in it.

i dont see any crash rating results for it yet, but the mini cooper has had very good frontal impact and acceptable side impact ratings so i dont think the honda would be a deathtrap by virtue of its size

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

http://www.hondanews.com/catID2000?mid=2006033154139&mime=asc

• Lightweight unibody construction
  • 36% of body uses high-tensile strength steel
  • Projected 5-star NHTSA front impact rating
  • Projected IIHS "Good" ratings in offset frontal and side impact tests
  • Wide-opening three-stage front doors

looks like a safe lil bugger to me

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

I'm not a troll, but you really asked for this. If you are going to correct someone, you had better be damned sure you are right. Just so everyone else knows and is not misinformed:

"low and behold". not "long and behold"

Correction = Lo and behold.

http://www.randomhouse.com/wotd/index.pperl?date=20000317

Folks, this has gone way too far, and way further than I ever intended, and the attitude has soured considerably.

If you want to correct me, FINE. DO SO. Flame away, verbally pummel me about the head and shoulders, whatever... I can take it; but do it via PM, and stop further wasting Suba_ru's valid thread bandwidth on the topic. I have already asked that further responses to ME be sent privately for just this reason.

Either that, or start a "Bash IwannaSportSedan" thread, where this discussion will be more on-topic. Hijacking Suba_ru's thread this much is more disrespectful than offering language criticism, especially to ignore his topic in order to flame me.

I saw a Fit today and its bigger than a Mini. I guess thats why a Mini is called a Mini :D

I'm gone for a couple of days and this thread had degenerated to something awful :( It should be closed.

I calculated the gas price difference between a Legacy 2.5i that gets 26 mpg and a Fit that gets 35. There's only about a six hundred dollar difference ($592 to be exact) over 15000 miles with gas at $4/gallon.

Of course your mileage may vary, and gas prices could go much higher.

So...the 2.5i has AWD, more power, a gigantic sunroof, an adjustable intermittent wiper setting, disks all around, bigger wheels, almost the same turning radius, more interior lighting, and can haul more stuff. The advantages of the Fit seem to wither away, except for the price difference.

I'm not knocking the Fit, but I was considering it as an alternative to a Legacy 2.5. It seems that the only true advantage now is the price.

Thoughts?

I'm sure it's great mechanically and ergonomically, it's a Honda. But who would want to be caught dead in such a geeky looking car? I mean, it just screams, "Dork-mobile!!!!" That whole styling thing is still not Honda's strong point.

I like it. I try not to be subjective on how a car looks. I mean I drive a Legacy. It's nothing special. It's not ground-breaking in any way.

I test drove on yesterday and found it very fun to drive around town. Not going to give up my LGT for it, but if I had to get another car it would be something like the Fit, Versa, Scion xA, Mini, ect.....

Archived