LegacyGT.com

My friend is trying to talk me out of the Subaru LGT

[quote name='godwhomismike'][quote name='KayGT']Just tell your friend to go research his cars.[/quote] He'd probably look in Car and Driver :roll: _ Mike[/quote] In all honesty, you should get the TSX and forget about the Legacy. The TSX is clearly the superior vehicle! Even the almighty C&D says so! :o :roll:

_ Mike[/quote] In all honesty, you should get the TSX and forget about the Legacy. The TSX is clearly the superior vehicle! Even the almighty C&D says so! :o :roll:[/quote] That hurts.............like pouring salt in wound.......that kind of hurt. :x
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

I own a Audi A6 and a VW Passat. I love the feel and finish on them but reliable? NOT! Maintenance wise they can be a pain. For example, they take special coolant and power steering fluid. I think the S4 is a great performer but why buy a used car that will cost more in maintenance, it has 250hp the same as the Legacy, is not as balanced as the Legacy, has twin turbos which will have more potential for breaking down, just to an initial $3000-$4000 ? I know you mentioned the S4 was $8000 cheaper but I don't think you meant from the Legacy's invoice price. Many people have bought them near that. Hope this helps!

I [i]almost[/i] bought a used S4 before I even knew about this car. There simply was nothing else on the market that really piqued my interest. I wanted something unique (the LGT is, at least for now), AWD for driving in the snow and twisties, decent power, and a nice interior. My friend was going to sell me his S4 with about $10k of mods on it and he knows the owner of the dealership, so coverage while the warranty exists is not an issue. However, buying a car for $25k + $3k to get an extended warranty when the original expires in March puts me in the LGT Limited range. Not only that, but there is [b]always[/b] something wrong with his car. He's had to replace both turbos, timing belt, intercoolers, brake rotors, seats rails (if you get an S4, the seats will probably rock back and forth), instrument cluster display, stereo, navigation, the list goes on and on. And I know that he babies his car to the nth degree and is under 60k miles. I'm still a fan of the S4, but I don't want to own one. I'll limited my S4 fandom to riding in his car, and I'll give him rides in my LGT when his car is in the shop. :D Oh yeah, and there's a certain Audi S4 forum and I can tell you this car has come up more than once as a consideration as people's warranties are running out. :) That's how I found out about this car!

Archived