LegacyGT.com

Touch up paint

jb240sx

I got some touch up paint from my friend who works at a body shop. I gave him my paint code (OBP) from under the hood, told him the make, model and year, so he gives me the paint and it looks flat black. I know its hard to tell while its wet in the bottle but should I be seeing and pearl or whatever it is that makes the bluish green color?

Paint it on something and find out. It often doesn't look anything like it looks when it is dry when it is still wet in the bottle. Sometimes even then it doesn't look any different. However, since you are trusting your friend gave you the right paint I guess there is a chance it could be off a bit. Paint codes aren't the best way to get an exact match for your paint, but when your car is new I guess it is close enough.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

...wha?? That is way way wrong for touch up paint from a dealership. I would wager you are the only one they bent over like that. You got raped. I'd call the parts manager and ask him what his employees are smoking. I don't know exactly what it runs at normal dealerships, but it is cheap enough that they just tossed me a bottle and didn't even charge me. I know they wouldn't have done that if it was a $13 bottle of paint.

OCDETAILS BLOG

I asked (and got) them to "throw in" a bottle of paint and another key when we were doing the paperwork. :icon_bigg I don't think I have ever paid more than about $6 for a bottle of touch up paint at Toyota or Subaru (our other one, damn 2 tone Outback...two bottles).
It is still ugly.

http://www.paintscratch.com is another option. I haven't been to that other one, but paintscratch will put it in a spray can for you in case you want to poof can your grille or something like that.

OCDETAILS BLOG

i just got some touchup paint from the subie dealer... its a ballpoint F'ing pen... i kid you not. like a short stubby version of a paint pen a highschool cheerleader uses to take "notes" in class...

im afraid to use it on my pannels... hello subaru? felt tips pls?

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

My Atlantic Blue Pearl (code no. 33A) from the dealer in February '06 comes in a bottle with a brush built in the cap just like all the others I have bought over the past 18 years. Part no. J361SAG060 (from the bottle label).
It is still ugly.

• 2 years later...
It’s really good to know that your car’s engine is still well tuned n the problem is with its exterior. I will suggest you to get your car off the dents first n den get it repainted. For your car’s color selection I can suggest you a website from where I buy paints for my Lamborghini. It’s Car Paint I hope it’ll help u.

• 1 year later...
lol i can't believe you were charged 13$ for a bottle of touch up paint! Duplicolors touch up pens don't even cost that much! try to shop online... there are several online retailers out there, some even throw in shipping! And, i find its easier to shop for import colors online, rather than in big-box retailers (not dealers) bc of their selection. give 'em a try! http://www.touchuppaintonline.com/subaru/legacy

• 1 month later...

Archived