LegacyGT.com

Another gas milage thread....kidding

Its an oil consumption thread! YAY!

So who uses as much oil as I do? And where is it all going? This is my second EJ25 to do this. I generally add anywhere from 1.5 - 2 quarts between oil changes.

What are you doing wrong?! My oil is always spot on!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What grade/type of oil?

If you are losing that much I would be using a 5w40 or a 10w30 and see if it improves...

Alos check your PCV valve, if it's clogged your oil consumption will increase.

Statistically, the vast majority of oil consumption complaints from Subaru owners was from using Mobil 1 5W-30.

Switch to Mobil 1 10W-30 or a 5W-40 or 10W-40, especially in the summer

Dont most subaru owners use mobil 1, :lol::lol:, i mean that is typically what dealers sell hahaha

I love my car ... basically.

I don't think dealers 'typically' sell M1 do they? I know mine doesn't.

FWIW my latest oil change/refill consisted of 1.5 qts Chevron synthetic and 3 qts. Chevron dino (5W30), and very little oil used, it's barely below the F dot now on my dipstick with 4.5 k miles on the oil. I was seeing 1/2 - 1 qt between oil changes with M1 (both 5W30 and 0W40) when I used it. Been using either Havoline or Chevron since 21k miles (now at 34.5k) and no issues so far and less oil consumption than M1. Could be just that my motor wasn't fully broken in till recently and that's why my consumption has been down as opposed to the oil I put in the crankcase, but there are quite a few reports of oil consumption with M1.

Archived