LegacyGT.com

Accessport Check Engine Light!

I thought i would post this up about the Accessport in the legacy forums, because I cannot speak for outbacks or any other car of subaru. I thought i read it somehwere on here, but in step 2 of installing the accessport, it says the check engine light is suppose to blink. Well it doesn't blink like the manual says. But its ok, i called cobb and they said there experiencing a high number of calls from 06 LGT owners about this problem. They said they will try to fix this in the future, but to go ahead with the install. Hope this helps someone else, i kinda felt like a ass calling them about a problem they have heard 100 times before :)

Oscar

Yeah, it kind of ticks me off that Cobb doesn't just offer a little insert page (hell, they could photocopy it) or sticker to include that in the Legacy AP Manuals.

Or at the least, update the PDF file on their site.

I will also contest. No blink. Thank God for an extremely good Legacy community online where all answers can be found faster than anywhere else. First thing I did was walk inside, hop on the cpu, and search the forum. Walked right back out and flashed after finding threads like these.

• 3 months later...
hi to all i am new hear so can some one help. mine is a ej2.2 my second legacy. my check engine light comes on and stays on.

I think you should try posting in a more appropriate thread or forum.

This thread is about intentionally turning the Check Engine light in '05 and up Legacy GT and Outback XT's (cars with 2.5 liter turbo) in order to use a device (Accessport) to reprogram the ECU.

You might want to try the technical forum titled "Older Legacy Performance" or possibly the "Naturally Aspirated" forum. It would also be beneficial to put more information about your car either in your profile or in your post.

Right now we have no idea what kind of car you have (other than it's a Legacy) and that the displacement is 2.2 liters (which they made variants of also). I'm assuming it's NA since you didn't mention a turbo.

• 1 month later...
Great thread...even greater when you are installing your AP @ your buddy's shop (for easy access to flatbed) on a Sunday afternoon, and COBB and TDC are off for the day...so you get on the phone (in NJ) and wring up your homey (in CO) who also drives the LGT and has AP (and sleeps like a bear until 3 pm- usually). Than he comes here and finds this thread...and I start installing the AP...Now I feel whole again!

Archived