LegacyGT.com

JDM Sway/B Specific Pinks - USDM SpecB

finse

This weekend, I finally had an opportunity to add STi pinks (spec b version) and the JDM 20mm rear sway bar to my 06 GTB. Overall, I could not be happier. Ascetically, I think the drop is perfect. Its lower, but not too low. In the corners, the car is much more flat. From a comfort stand point, the ride is close to OEM. Even my fiancee noted how the ride quality was still nice. My GTB is finally performing to my expectations.

I will add a couple pictures once I have an opportunity to shine up the car this evening.

Cheers,

Ryan

So you're using the new springs with the stock US-spec Bilsteins? Where did you buy these? I might look into some upgrades next year, but I think a Cobb Stage I is on my list first. :)

Would you say the car is not underdamped, despite installing stiffer springs? If so, then that's good news.

Coming from VW-land, I even had to upgrade the suspension on my former R32 to the Euro-spec version. New springs with the US-spec Monroe garbage shocks was bad news. The car was already underdamped from the factory with the US-spec gear, so I was forced to pay $1200 for a proper sport setup.

Rebo,

You got it. Bilsteins + STi Pinks. I definitely do not think the car is underdampened. I got the pinks & the jdm sway from AVO.

I totally understand why you are going with Cobb Stage I first. I thought about it, but the emissions standards are pretty tough in Colorado and for the last few weeks I have been watching my friend slowly return his car to stock to pass. We will see if my apprehension fades.

Cheers,

Ryan

Yeah, I'm apprehensive about deleting the 3rd cat for a Stage 2 setup.... I mean, if the STi doesn't have 3 and still passes emissions, why not the LGT? It doesn't make much sense to me, but I don't want to jump in and then have to reinstall the factory exhaust to pass emissions.

Archived