LegacyGT.com

Cruise control doesnt work, HELP?

cbroo

So I'm cruisen down highway 36 last night and I go to set my speed with the cruise control arm and it doesnt set, so I figure it's a weird fluke I try for the next five minutes to set rhe cruise no luck, so I figure I'm S.O.L., I go to checker auto eary this morning to see if can be read on a dignostic unit no luck nothing came up.

I mean this is a total internal problem right the computer or the cruise control arm hast to be messed up or somthing. Any ideas what I should do I cant go to the dealership cause they will automatically charge me some ungodly amount of money just to look at it. Also I have a 2001 LGT so you newer keep that in mind. Any help would be appericated.

Mine has not worked temporarily in the past. Maybe from start up to shut down or maqybe changes while driving but it has certainly failed temporarily.

Not sure what to tell you. If you can't get it to work after several times take it to the dealer and see what they say. I have never heard of a consistent problem.

I have my cruise control stop working once in my 2000 LGT. It was on a long road trip and I had tried hitting the cruise button and playing with the cruise stalk multiple times but to no avail.

What did work was stopping on the side of the road and turning the engine on and off. I've never had the problem since.

so it still doesnt work, heres my idea the clutch my be triggering the cruise control to disengage it and it wont engage, or my gas line in the engine area might be triggering the cruise control. hopefully its a fluke thanks for your help guys.

Archived