LegacyGT.com

Does Your A/C Compressor Turn On and Off?

You should have told him to look where he is... he isn't in the north and this isn't how a car should work.

IMO the HVAC system should work just like any other system out there and blow cold air when you need it to.

Try this guys. With the climate controls off, push the fan speed button up to max. Next turn the temp dials down to their lowest settings. See if that helps. Also have the fresh air vent open.
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Mine kicks in and out every 10 seconds, the fan speed it never holds steady. Even though the fan speed is at 2-bars, the system varies it's power constantly (compressor engaging / disengaging) I've read all the posts about how to control the climate ctrl but it's just a quirky system. I'm starting to get used to it but never before, have I been as distracted by fluctuating air temp / speed / noise. Whatever. No car is perfect.

Try this guys. With the climate controls off, push the fan speed button up to max. Next turn the temp dials down to their lowest settings. See if that helps. Also have the fresh air vent open.

Well, just from keeping the fresh air vent open, I've noticed it stays ON longer, and stays OFF less. That = teh win.

How would the order of turning it on make a difference?

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Archived