LegacyGT.com

What can I expect?

Hello guys,

I will soon be purchasing a Legacy GT LTD (probably AT since I do not know how to drive MT). I will definately mod the car under the hood and I was wondering what kinds of gains I could expect (in terms of HP / Torque and 0-60mph times) with a Cobb Stage I.

Is there a very large difference in performance between the automatic and manual transmissions? I almost want to learn how to drive manual if the performance gain is large enough.

Thanks!

Regards,

Ishakir

Welcome:)

Try & search a little. But to answer you question about power, go to COBB's website.

It is a hot topic on the boards but in general 0-60 times are about a half second apart between the 5MT & 5EAT.

Once heavily modded they are VERY close;)

Purchase your AP through TDC tuning & get the Protune E-tune for 55 bucks....that is a steal!

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Welcome to the site. Agree with above post. Do try to search a bit. In my enthusiastic " just purchased " state I asked many questions that had been asked many times before. You will love your car. Huge potential for little money. This site can be a great source of info for you.

BUY IT !

rjo

Welcome, Look around and you will learn A Lot!

The Auto isn't bad, I got one because I got a great deal on it and I like it, especially in traffic. Go the TDC route with the stage one to start with, and read on to learn what are the best ways for more.

I have read that 5EAT vs. MT is from .2 to .4 difference, with the edge to MT. Not too much, but there is some.

Good Luck!:)

"You poke it, You own it" - Man law supporter

Guest *Jedimaster*
Stage 1 is nice and all, but pop for a Crucial downpipe and you can go to Stage 2. You can also grab a TDC e-tune map, which is really powerful. That's the path I went: Stage 1, Stage 2, TDC map. I couldn't ask for more- them car is plenty to handle as it is right now- can't imagine it making more power and staying out of trouble.

Archived