LegacyGT.com

Sponge suggestions??

Sponges are baaaaaaaaaaaaaad. The trap dirt that just gets redeposited on the surface so it can scratch up your paint. Sponges are not the best wash tool. Even if you really rinse them out well, they can still trap particles that will damage your paint. Not worth it.

A wool or microfiber wash mitt is the way to go. I use a wool mit with a bug scrubber on the back. It is made by Viking and the only way I can tell which one to buy is to feel the inside. If you feel leather then it isn't the right one. This one has fabric on the inside and it helps extend the life of the mitt since your fingers aren't going to be poking holes in the wet leather or anything. I've just found it works well for me, so I keep using it. I use a microfiber mitt on my windows and that works out well. I'm sure it would work fine washing the cars, but if your process ain't broke then don't fix it. :D There is more than one way to skin a cat in this business. Use whatever works best for you. Just make sure you use a few different things before you decide that your first choice was the best. You can't say Vanilla is the best if it is the only flavor you have tried. ;)

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

well i shouldnt say im useing a sponge hahaha ... its actually microfiber, im just running into problems getting all the dirt and grime of the car

I thought you were using the best soap ever? How could this be? :D

If your process isn't working for you then you just need to evaluate the tools you are using. Try using a different mitt or a different soap. Don't change everything all at once. Buy a different mitt and see if that works first. If not then try a different soap and use both your mitt and your sponge and see which one works better. In refining your process you will probably pick up quite a few products. In my case the soap doesn't seem to matter too much. What does matter is that I use the right mitt. I love my wool wash mitts and haven't found anything that works better for me, so I'll probably stick with those until something better strikes my fancy.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I thought you were using the best soap ever? How could this be? :D

OHH I just knew you were going to say that. When i was posting this i was, ohh great here it comes, sigh. :icon_tong

the soap is still the best OCD, thank you. This is more of a problem with the ... sponge ... but a sponge mircofiber thing i have now; it just picks up and puts the big particals of dirt someplace else on the car; i only have this problem on the hood.

I love my car ... basically.

Archived