LegacyGT.com

Anyone OBP want to trade spoilerless trunk for a trunk w/spoiler

Hi,

I just purchased a 2005 Legacy GT ($15.5K thanks to an advertising misprint at Ramsey Subaru). It's black on black, and I'm in love....except for that rear spoiler. If anyone is looking to do a swap, I'd be happy to be rid of the spoiler-fied trunk.

I'm based out of the bay area, but the car is in New Jersey until it's shipped in a week or so.

A spoilerless Subie would make my day.

Trunk and spoiler are scratch free.

-Christian

I think iIt was intended as a marketing gimmick, but the salesman made a mistake and agreed to the advertised price, sending me a signed purchase order at the advertised price.

When the sales manager called me and told me that he couldn't sell it at that price, I referred him to New Jersey consumer law stating that it's illegal to bait and switch in Jersey, as well as my purchase order.

Because I didn't want to get a car from an angry dealer, who might just monkey wrench the car in anger, I agreed to buy an extended warranty from the dealer (which I wanted anyhow) and let them beat the financing I had arranged through Capital One.

So they are still making money off me, just not as much as they would have liked, and I got a better interest rate on my loan!

Hi,

I just purchased a 2005 Legacy GT ($15.5K thanks to an advertising misprint at Ramsey Subaru). It's black on black, and I'm in love....except for that rear spoiler. If anyone is looking to do a swap, I'd be happy to be rid of the spoiler-fied trunk.

I'm based out of the bay area, but the car is in New Jersey until it's shipped in a week or so.

A spoilerless Subie would make my day.

Trunk and spoiler are scratch free.

-Christian

Is there more than one Ramsey Subaru? Ramsey Subaru in Des Moines Iowa had one used 2005 GT Limited automatic, in black-on-black, but IIRC it was spoilerless...I could be wrong, though. I saw that car, and took a long look at it, and thought about buying it until I saw inside that it was an automatic. But it is a heck of a long way from San Francisco. (and I know, I've driven that trip, moving my wife from SF to Iowa a few years ago.) Or New Jersey.

Anyway it seems like a good deal. Hope you find a trunk without a spoiler on it for trade. unfortunately, it is easier to add a spoiler to a clean trunk than mend the holes when taking one off... and If I had one, I would want one sans-spoiler, also. (in favor of an aftermarket one... K2gear)

Good luck.

Archived