LegacyGT.com

Greetings everyone, who wants a maintenance coupon?

Hey everyone, finally decided to come out from the shadows and stop lurking. I went to look at Outbacks this past weekend for my wife, and made the mistake of test driving a Legacy GT, mainly due to the enthusiasm of members of this site. It turns out that was a mistake, because instead of getting one car I ordered TWO!! So much for waiting for the 2006 models to come out! I ended up ordering a 2.5i Outback for my wife, Atlantic Blue/Grey cladding (which definitely looks better in the flesh than it does on Subaru's website), and a Legacy 2.5 GT in Regal Blue for myself. Bought them with the IMBA VIP membership, and the whole experience was painless. If you are in the St. Louis, MO area, check out Lou Fusz Subaru in St. Peters. Salesman was Kyle, very friendly and very low pressure. Anyway, now on to the point of my subject. I had to order both vehicles (manuals are apparently hard to get), and won't be getting them in until late October. Sales manager checked with SOA, and cars cannot just be ordered, I must TAKE DELIVERY before September 30th to use the 3yr/36k maintenance coupon. So to show my appreciation for this site and the information I have gleaned from it over the past few months, I am offering my coupon to the first person to email me at: [email]steve308@charter.net[/email] I won't be able to check this account until this evening, so I'll update this post then. Thanks again to this site for all the info, Steve PS Anybody want to buy a 2001 SAAB 9-3 SE or a 2002 Outback VDC Wagon?

Coupon has been spoken for and I have emailed the first person that replied to me. I'm glad that I could help out a fellow subie owner. On a related note, I saw in another post someone mention that they got the 3yr/36k maintenance free with the Subaru Gold Plan Extended Warranty. Can anyone else confirm this? I looked over the literature the dealership had on their warranty plans and I do not remember seeing this. Steve - 61 days and counting

[quote name='Steve308']and a Legacy 2.5 GT in Regal Blue for myself. [/quote] Hey, Steve, congrats on the purchase! I'm also in the area and have been looking hard at the GT. Finally got to drive a manual GT the other night from the same dealership (it was a regal blue limited). It was a very nice car (had to resist the urge to buy it!) but I need to wait for awhile before I jump into another car at the moment. I also worked w/ Kyle and I also appreciated his low-key attitude. Hope the wait doesn't kill ya ;) -Gary

Gary, small world this here internet is. Was the regal blue car you drove the one with the short shifter kit and the momo shift knob? Parked right by the front doors? If it was, I'm curious what you thought about the shifter feel? I thought I would like it, but when I drove it I changed my mind. It felt like the rearward shifts (2nd and 4th gears) were normal throws, but the forward shifts (1st, 3rd, and 5th gears) were half the normal distance, almost like I wasn't entirely in gear. I was actually afraid to pull away from the dealership because it felt like I was only halfway into 1st and I didn't want to crunch the gearbox right in front of the sales manager. He had to reassure me it was in gear. I don't know if all the short shifters feel like that, or if this one wasn't set up quite right. I come from a long line of VW GTIs, so I know what a crappy short shifter feels like, but this one turned me off enough that I did not order it as an option. I may explore the aftermarket short shift kits later on, or just buy a momo shift knob and pretend :D Steve

Steve, Yeah, that was the one I drove too. I had actually convinced myself that I *wouldn't* like the short-shift kit because of some negative things I'd read about it, but I didn't really think it was too bad. Like you said, it's sorta different if you're not used to the feel (like it's not going all the way into gear), and I felt it was a bit on the notchy side. I had already decided before driving the car that I would drive a non ss also before making up my mind, so I've got Kyle keeping an eye out for one that I can test back to back (hopefully) with the ss equiped one. Either way, I think it's a great car and it's hard to go wrong. Another internal debate I'm having is whether I would get the limited or not. On the one hand, I kind of liked the look of the interior on the blue limited (beige leather w/ black dash - kinda classy), but on the flip-side, the moon-roof and power seats don't really do anything for me. Some people say to go for the leather because it'll improve resale, but I'm thinking that won't be a big issue for me because I tend to find a car I really like and hold onto it for awhile. Anyway, which did you get, the ltd or std gt? (any particular reasons?) -Gary

Gary, My back to back shifter test was the regal blue Legacy and a red Outback XT with the normal shifter. That was enough to convince me. I may try the stiffer bushing route later, after the break-in period. I went with the non-Limited. The Limited was very nice, but I'm always sliding around on leather seats. In my Saab, I actually raised the front of the seat up because I had a tendency to slowly slide forward during my daily commute. My butt wouldn't stay against the back of the seat! Don't know why that was, but on this car I decided to stick with the cloth, which I thought was perfectly fine. The sunroof would have been nice, but they always seem to end up leaking. When you factor in the cost difference between the limited and non-limited, and all I would be getting in leather, sunroof, and power seats, I figured I would pursue a more simple route with this car. Plus, we're thinking of moving on up, housewise, next spring, so I figured the cheaper car payment would be a smarter move. I'm not too worried about resale at this point, as I plan to keep this one for awhile, at least until the STi verson comes out :twisted: Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Archived