LegacyGT.com

Thinking outside of the box

wuts up all, ok so no Leggy yet, but soon. anyways I may be alone on this but i really like the hood without the scoop. It gives the car a nice smooth look. Don't get me wrong the scoop is awesome and it helps in the intercooler but look:

Hanger's http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29891 :dm:

Don't tell me to get the base model then to get the hood, hehe.... but seriously lets all close our eyes and imagine....

Any color leggy, blackout headlights, FMIC, dropped and a clean smooth 2.5i hood. heh? feedback.

I love the hood scoop, it's my favorite part of the car. I wish there were scoops in the fenders, doors, roof, and all over the car.

Oh yeah, if you want a smooth hood then get the 2.5i -- hehe

yea i guess i don't know cause i never had one, i drive a Nissan Spec V so i didn't even know what a hood scoop was until i looked at Subaru. maybe once i get behind the wheel i'll fall in love with the look and want to get a larger scoop, till it sticks out of my hood like a periscope.

but... i'm not knockin the idea... i've become infatuated with Hanger's car.

IMHO the scoop is the soul of the GT. It would be like castration withouth it. Only good reason to get rid of it is if you go to a FMIC, but even then someone around here posted that there is a double purpose for the scoop and that it actually cools the turbo down as well.

Once you get it you'll never want it without a scoop. The SPEC V is a nice car and all, but respectfully, it has nothing on the LGT!!!

GL

X

---

LOL, when I had my old car......which had the FMIC 50% told me to get the 2.5i hood......:D

Its just a matter of choice......and def sleeper city..........go for it and put up pics :D

...nice to see someone think'n so far ahead ;)

lacks torque steer? not the Spec V.... if u don't hold on to the steering wheel as soon as you shift you'll slam right into the sidewalk........(not personal experience)

lacks torque steer? not the Spec V.... if u don't hold on to the steering wheel as soon as you shift you'll slam right into the sidewalk........(not personal experience)

Yes, but it sounds like you're thinking of replacing it with an LGT. The LGT is a bit boring in that it actually goes straight when you hit the gas.

I love the hood scoop, it's my favorite part of the car. I wish there were scoops in the fenders, doors, roof, and all over the car.

:lol:

I'm with you -- the hood scoop makes the GT. Get a Mazda -- the MS6 was designed with you no-hood-scoop-wanting-consumers in mind :icon_tong

I would consider going scoopless on a GT, with a FMIC, and some air management around the turbo (so not to cook the inside of the engine bay.

I would use the 3.0R-engined Outback hood, though, with the two raised details, to give it that much more of an attitude, but without a scoop. Might have to put vents in it, or the fenders, or something, just to keep the engine bay ventilated with that hair-dryer in there, though... which goes against the whole smooth sleeper look of deleting the scoop.

And if you keep the scoop with a FMIC, I think it would be cool to create some sort of a ram air airbox in place of the TMIC, even to fit the engine cover over, to look somewhat intentional...

The Mad Max Interceptor was based on a 1973 XB GT Ford Falcon Coupe. (http://www.madmaxmovies.com/cars/interceptor/history1.html)

The car in the background looks like a current model Ford Falcon modified by FPV into a "BF GT"

http://www.fpv.com.au/upload/image/616_1x24x2003114318AM.jpg

http://www.fpv.com.au/index.asp?link_id=2.166

Archived