LegacyGT.com

WOW, I've got an '02 M5 until Labor day!

A buddy of mine borrowed my 03 legacy GT wagon to take to Burning Man this week, so he left me with his M5. A few comments: I still have a drivers license by Monday, it will be a miracle. This car demands to be driven rapidly, always. Chicks really like BMWs. The fuel costs for this vehicle are astronomical $40 for a tank that will last 250-300 miles. That said, I took it out last night and ended up racing a new M3 on the freeway. The two cars are virtually the same in performance, so it was a great race. I can't imagine what the other drivers were thinking as the two of us flew past them. This car is addictive, the acceleration is like mainlining adrenaline. If I can get my new GT to come close on accelerate somewhere close to this, it will be a great thing. The Gt does weigh like 800 pounds less than the M5, so it shouldn't be that difficult. I'm going to expel some raw fuel out the four exhaust tips now.

The M5 and M3 are both awesome cars. Two of my best friends have them. I've driven both and honestly prefer the M5. Both are signifigantly modded as well (coil-overs, mega-buck carbon fiber intakes, exhaust, body kits, etc...) Anyways, the M5 is stupid fast while still feeling like a luxury car. A 10lb sledgehammer wrapped in velvet. The M3 is also sickly fast, but you actually feel the speed more. This particular car is on 20" so that may have something to do with it, but it is far more mechanical feeling and direct than the M5. Actually this is probably the difference that people are talking about when comparing the WRX and the LGT. Both guys who own the Bimmers asked me to launch their cars hard while we were in front of one's house at 2am. Let's just say that there are several loooooonnnng strips of rubber down his street, and probably at least several pissed off neighbors. :twisted:

The current M5 is only keeping the seat warm for the new M5. The new M5 has 25% more power at 378Kw, not bad considering I was WOWED at the E55 AMG which AMG tuned from 350Kw to a wopping 420Kw. Ahhh let the power war continue...... Glad yr having a great time in yr friends M5. Adam.

[quote name='agctr']The current M5 is only keeping the seat warm for the new M5. The new M5 has 25% more power at 378Kw, not bad considering I was WOWED at the E55 AMG which AMG tuned from 350Kw to a wopping 420Kw. Ahhh let the power war continue...... Glad yr having a great time in yr friends M5. Adam.[/quote] But looks god awful! The current M5 is so much sexier...

The E39 M5 was so good lookign but I actually like the new 5 series how it looks the only one of the new Bangled BMWs I like the look of. The new M5 is going to be insane and I can't wait to see some on the road and well as see some magazines tests.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

Archived