LegacyGT.com

225-55-17 (Outback sized) on LGT?

Jeff_B

I was walking into the store today and I saw a new Outback in the lot, it had 17's with 225-55-17's and I got very jealous of all that tire, the 215-45-17's don't put much rubber between the rims and the road - or lack there of road, ie-potholes:). So the question is, with the difference of ride height and all, with the Outback 225-55-17's fit a LGT with stock suspension w/o rubbing?

Question 2, can the speedo be recalibrated to stay correct? Like is there a speedo gear that can be gotten from an Outback that can be swapped into my LGT to keep the speedo correct? Let me know if anyone has tried any of this.

Thanks,

Jeff

There should be a speedometer correction setting in the ecu. the Subaru diagnostic tool (dealer service department should have one...) should be able to change that setting. There is no gear, as the computer determines the speed from the ABS sensors, and feeds it to the CAN-line driven spedometer. no mechanical parts, aside from the ABS sensors.

Just to verify, you may want to use a tire calculator and check the diameters for the Outback wheel and tire, versus the 2006 LGT Spec B, which has 215/45-18 tires... IIRC. I would think the 55 series 17s would be similar overall diameter, and the Spec B would then come with the setting set the same as the Outback.

Archived