LegacyGT.com

Mod fever! Suggestions welcomed... 2k LGT

camber

After chopping off my heat shields and getting new tires I've got the urge to mod my 2000 LGT..

I'm ok with stock power and looking into parts that will make "spirited" driving more enjoyable.

Was thinking about upgrading the clutch to either ACT or Exedy street types... Is there one that is a must have for an LGT of this vintage or is stock the way to go?

(looking to get rid of clutch chatter or "judder" when cold)

Stainless steel brake lines are another upgrade I'd like to do. I've have noticed the price varies wildly online for these kits(130 USD - 230USD).

Is the STi transmission mount worth anything on these cars?

Should I look at replacing motor mounts(car mileage 130k km's or 80k miles)?

Any opinions on Perrin, Kartboy or B&M shortshifter for this car?

What are good coilover or suspension options?

Can we use any suspension parts from the wagons(ie thicker roll bars, springs etc) to get some easy oem Suby upgrades?

Ok I think that about covers it :p

I recommend all of the following:

02-03 WRX MOMO Steering Wheel

05-06 Legacy GT Shift Knob

KYB GR2 Struts

H&R Springs

Kartboy Short Shifter

Kartboy Front & Rear Shifter Bushings

Kartboy Differential Bushings

Cobb Cold Air Intake

Gruppe-S Light Pulley

Whiteline Steering Bushings

PowerSlot Rotors

Carbotech Bobcat Brake Pads

Goodridge Brake Lines

SpeedBleeders

05 Legacy GT Wheels with RE92A Tires

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13010806&postcount=1338

Here for more info:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13

How do you like the H&R springs and KYB combo?

It seems people at Nasioc are into the Ion springs. Ions looks like a big drop from stock. Your ride height looks good though.

How much did the WRX steering wheel set your back and knowing Subaru the air bag still work right?

Is there a clutch removal and installation walkthrough on the web for these cars?

How the heck do you get the shift knob off that vinly shift boot?

The springs and struts are pretty recent. It's quite a bit stiffer and is really low, lower than I expected but there is nothing I can do about it. A few have the Ions, I think they are talked about because Jack comes in and talks to us about our cars which no one else does. They are maybe twice the cost of H&R. I got both barely used very cheap. :)

The wheel was an easy swap. $150 off ebay and it plugs right in. It had the Cruise stalk which is essential for me.

Searching nasioc will get you everything. The clutch swap will basically be the same for all subs. I would save your money on that unless it slips. Our cars make no power, a better clutch won't do anything. THe shudder IS another issue. I live with it because of the cost. 108k now on the stocker.

The shift knob screws off the stick and the boot slips over a plastic part on the knob so that it sticks. I totaled my original boot trying to modify it so it didn't hang so low with the SS. I currently have a replacement which I chopped the top off and zip tied it to the knob. Hard to explain, works great though.

Search the Leg forum with all your questions, you will come up with the same conclusions I have. For power issues search the NA forum.

Ned

Will the Japanese WRX steering wheel work on NA cars?

There is one on ebay with red stitching. Looks great.

Also when I unscrew the shift know it stays on the boot. Is their an inner clip I'm missing?

I swapped out my stock stereo tape player for a 6 disk in dash CD changer from a WRX already.

Wiggle the knob off, it shouldn't be clipped or anything. It should not take much force. I'm not sure about the JDM wheel. Search on nasioc for "JDM MOMO", that should give you the info. The clip for the airbag might be different.

Archived