LegacyGT.com

Swapping OB & Leg grilles

akm3

I took a quick look at both. The bolts and clips look identical, however, the OB grill is about an inch taller than the Leg. I may be wrong, but I don't think it will work. I'll try to swap them this weekend, but I'm doubtful of the outcome.

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='akm3']Was it ever determined if the outback grille could be swapped directly into a Legacy GT Limited ( :) Driftmonkey) ? -Allen[/quote] Not yet. What is the :) for? :lol:[/quote] Cause the only reason I said Legacy GT *LIMITED* was because I knew it bugged ya. I was actually going to phrase it blah blah Legacy GT. but then changed my mind and added the *LIMITED*. Thanks everyone, by the way. -Allen

[quote name='akm3'][quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='akm3']Was it ever determined if the outback grille could be swapped directly into a Legacy GT Limited ( :) Driftmonkey) ? -Allen[/quote] Not yet. What is the :) for? :lol:[/quote] Cause the only reason I said Legacy GT *LIMITED* was because I knew it bugged ya. I was actually going to phrase it blah blah Legacy GT. but then changed my mind and added the *LIMITED*. Thanks everyone, by the way. -Allen[/quote] I feel loved. :oops:

• 1 year later...
Bumping an old thread. So, does the outback grill work on the LGT? The outcome was never stated. If anyone asks why, it's because I hate that chrome crossbar on the grill. [SIZE=2][/SIZE] [SIZE=2]H2OSB[/SIZE]

Guest *Jedimaster*
I really want to test one- I had a LGT grille held up to my grille and if there's any size difference, it has to be minimal.

I PMed one of the Ozzie members to ask about the optional mesh grill available in Oz. He said there are several companies over here in the States who carry the optional grill. Can someone please suggest to me one or more companies who carry it? Does anyone know for certain if this is the grill that requires the styrofoam piece to close the gap betwixt the grill and bumper cover? Thanks H2OSB

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='Zestymac']It doesnt work. I tried to put a 06' legacy grille on my 06' OB. Bolts up OK , but there is a gap at the bottom of the legacy grill which is just too big. So an OB grill will be too tall... Cheers, Rick[/QUOTE] Ah, thanks for the info.

BTW... Since RedBeast put a Legacy Spec B mesh grille on his Outback... I am betting that the outback grille, and the larger JDM/ROW Spec B grilles (inset mesh, front-flush mesh, any "large" grille for 2.0 GT Spec B or 3.0R Spec B) would work for an Outback wagon or sedan. The JDM/ROW non-spec Bs use a smaller grille that is probably dimensionally similar to the USDM Legacy (all) size, aside from some bumper cover difference that necessitates some support between the bumper cover and the aluminum bumper beam, to avoid an unsightly gap.

Archived