LegacyGT.com

speed traps

TYNY

don't know if it's legit to make this a topic but, wouldn't it be nice if we could have a running list of speedtraps we know of around the NE to help each other out? not to condone reckless driving but i'm sure all of us enjoy some spirited driving in these awesome rides.

1. Westchester, NY: Hutchison Parkway cop was standing on overpass of I-287

shooting down

feel free to add...

Massachusetts Route 95 (Providence to Norwood Section)

1. Route 95 Off of Exit 1 from 93/128 (heading towards or from Providence) Right before/Right after merge on to/ off of, 93 There is a turn out like 75% of the time there is one sitting there

2. Southbound after Exit 9 (Foxboro, Gillette Stadium) Sitting behind the sign after the overpass following the exit.

3. Southbound Exit 7, sitting in the middle of grassy field behind a tree

4. Southbound/Northbound, after/before exit 5 there is a turn out and rest areas. They tend to blend in with other cars.

Massachusetts Route 295

1. Southbound/Northbound this goes for Mass and RI state police, right before the boader there is a turn around, both will sit there, when heading Northbound it is fairly easy to notice, because your driving down hill towards it. However Southbound you are driving up a hill.

don't know if it's legit to make this a topic but, wouldn't it be nice if we could have a running list of speedtraps we know of around the NE to help each other out? not to condone reckless driving but i'm sure all of us enjoy some spirited driving in these awesome rides.

shooting down

feel free to add...

Where at bro? when you come up/down the hutch & cross under 287? I'm usually either coming off 287 to the hutch/merrit north or down the merrit south to 287 W. I'll add also

-coming off the TZ bridge towards rockland there's always a statie right where the bridge ends & sometimes up ahead where the trucks pull over by exit 11. Also getting on the bridge towards rockland they wait on the right on the service entrance & going the other way towards westchester.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

yeah ditto coxx on the TZ ones.

the cop was sitting on 287 service road shooting down onto the NB hutch.

oh also in rockland the local cops love pulling over people on 303 near the mall also as you go up 303 because it merges into one lane and people accelerate to get in front of the trucks - my wife got ticketed.

^^Yep, I got nailed there once goin 60 in the 40 zone. Cops never showed to court so it got thrown out thank GOD. Check this out too

http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060407/NEWS03/604070384/1019

Further up the thruway if anyone's goin up that way. There were a few fatal accidents up there recently so they're crackin down

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

yeah ditto coxx on the TZ ones.

the cop was sitting on 287 service road shooting down onto the NB hutch.

Good to know about this. I'm over there all the time

Sprain North:

Right after the exit to the TZ on the left where the constrction ends a cop somtimes sits.

Also if your going north and you come to the begining of that lake, a cop comes from the southbound side across the small dirt road, enters the Northbound side and will sit on the right side of the road at the entrace right at the end of the lake, not sure what entrace but he gets someone there just about everyday.

the entire Clearview Expressway in Queens

both ways

You have no idea.

They particularly like the end near the Grand Central exit off the clearview.

In long island, nassau county NEVER go more than 1mph above the speed limit through Malverne. Also don't go through with borderline tints.

Be real careful on the Hutch where it opens up and splits off to the cross county, they are always there. They have a sneaky spot on the soutbound side where they sit in the on-ramp and get you from behind when you pass.

Northern State Parkway Exit 32 (Post Avenue). State Troopers sit on the on-ramp on both sides of the highway. Particularly on the East bound side where they'll gun you from behind. Very tempting stretch of road, smooth, straight and fast from the Grand Central to exit 33.

Fairfield, CT- Merritt Pkwy southbound, right in front of the Hi Ho Motel. They sit right at exit 44 trying to catch you speeding down the hill. Usually there at night or in the middle of the day (when it's not rush hour).

um, moderators, this thread is ok? ok ..

there's one pretty consistently in the afternoons right at carberry lane and canton ave in milton, ma, just by the milton/canton line. it sounds like a very particular spot, I know. But the thing is that it's downhill, hidden, and it runs parallel to 138, which is often gummed up with traffic during rush hour, so people tend to drive a bit faster than they should there. The popos catch people there ALL THE TIME.

• 1 month later...

from http://ProjectEZP.com/

shooting down

feel free to add...

um, moderators, this thread is ok? ok ..

you should get a tissue to wipe the brown off your nose :lol:

just bustin balls

Archived