LegacyGT.com

GT versus XT

No, not racing... :icon_twis

Co-worker drove his XT to work, took it for a quick drive at lunch. Amazing the difference in feel is between a stock motor versus one with only one cat and a tune... Throttle response was sluggish, and the car felt...umm...a little slow!?

Brakes were a bit squishy as well, the ss lines and more aggressive bobcat pads really help with feel.

Just reinforced my belief that Subaru should have been just a touch more hard-edged with the delivery of the GT from the factory.

-B

No, not racing... :icon_twis

Co-worker drove his XT to work, took it for a quick drive at lunch. Amazing the difference in feel is between a stock motor versus one with only one cat and a tune... Throttle response was sluggish, and the car felt...umm...a little slow!?

Brakes were a bit squishy as well, the ss lines and more aggressive bobcat pads really help with feel.

Just reinforced my belief that Subaru should have been just a touch more hard-edged with the delivery of the GT from the factory.

-B

Agreed.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

If they sold it as most of us would like it to be, I would hazard a guess and say that they wouldn't have sold as many.

We are a minority.

Sad but true, although the brakes should have been done better period. I have not modded my car because I wish to be able to take advantage of the warranty. Once the warranty is up though... if I keep the car... I'm building the bottom end, the heads, new turbo, high stall torque converter, brakes, hopefully there will be TCU mods by then...:icon_twis .

I will have a fun car. But at that point it will no longer be my daily driver. I demand reliability, and heavily modded cars typically do not deliver on that. Kind of like a gun you want to use for self defense, it has to be absolutely reliable. Accuracy is nice, a good trigger and sights are also nice, but if the bastard won't go bang when you need it to then what's the point. You can have your cake and eat it too, but it costs money, both for cars or firearms.

What? Other cars? Both are Legacys!

I demand a response as to why it was moveeeed! Hmm, how many martinis have I had?

Reliability at a modest increase in power, especially since the engine is running 300/300 in the STI, shouldn't be an issue. Same goes with the brakes; making them feel a bit better wouldn't hurt reliability at all. Subaru offers a slightly firmer LGT in Japan, and offer the Spec B here in the states.

I look at the Legacy as a cheaper version of European offerings minus the frills and overly-done engineering for engineering sake, but keep all the performance and maybe a dose more, for thousands less. The Legacy GT AND the Outback XT come very close from the I perspective...

-B

Sad but true, although the brakes should have been done better period. I have not modded my car because I wish to be able to take advantage of the warranty. Once the warranty is up though... if I keep the car... I'm building the bottom end, the heads, new turbo, high stall torque converter, brakes, hopefully there will be TCU mods by then...:icon_twis .

I will have a fun car. But at that point it will no longer be my daily driver. I demand reliability, and heavily modded cars typically do not deliver on that. Kind of like a gun you want to use for self defense, it has to be absolutely reliable. Accuracy is nice, a good trigger and sights are also nice, but if the bastard won't go bang when you need it to then what's the point. You can have your cake and eat it too, but it costs money, both for cars or firearms.

Screw the warranty and mod up! You can make it a hell of alot faster/fun and still keep it a daily driver.

Any improvements and you can just add the dollars to the price.. unless one is road racing the car everything it has is really better then what it needs to be. If one is going to road race, you should be buying an STI

What? Other cars? Both are Legacys!

I demand a response as to why it was moveeeed! Hmm, how many martinis have I had?

Reliability at a modest increase in power, especially since the engine is running 300/300 in the STI, shouldn't be an issue. Same goes with the brakes; making them feel a bit better wouldn't hurt reliability at all. Subaru offers a slightly firmer LGT in Japan, and offer the Spec B here in the states.

I look at the Legacy as a cheaper version of European offerings minus the frills and overly-done engineering for engineering sake, but keep all the performance and maybe a dose more, for thousands less. The Legacy GT AND the Outback XT come very close from the I perspective...

-B

It would be pretty hard for me to trust the car in modified form at this point. Stock I have had two fuel injectors replaced already, and I would hate to think what the cost would have been if it were not warrantied. I can afford a car payment, and I can budget for other things, but major repairs on a vehicle I have a hard time budgeting for and I despise pulling money away from savings to fix something that if left alone would be covered by the manufacturer.

Well, I said shouldn't...hehehe

but again, the mods didn't cause the trouble; the fuel injectors went stock. I'm getting at least a well-tuned Up/DP along with TMIC and some exhaust work, chances that the added stress to the engine shouldn't make itself known with a problem.

IE, if something happens it would have happened stock as well.

And you make a good point though... Stock, it should have been at that level, or at least closer to it, without having to worry about warranty issues.

I chose Jameson's straight BTW... Such an easy-drinking and tasty whiskey!

I chose Jameson's straight BTW... Such an easy-drinking and tasty whiskey!

Jameson's is good stuff, I also like Maker's Mark, Knob Creek, and Booker's (when it comes to bourbon whiskey). For Irish Whiskey I like Bushmills. For Scotch.... well I like just about any good single malt that is over 12yrs old.

Thank you for drinking them all strait, no f***ing Coke in them. For those of you that don't like the taste of whiskey then stick with wine coolers, like the bitch you are.:lol:

My god! WTF would anybody mix a good drinking whiskey? That's what the vodka is for biatches!

And while I'm ranting, wtf is up with asking for a dry martini and getting asked what lame-ass vodka I want? Martini is made with GIN biatches! I could see maybe if I ordered some strawberry whipped cream surprise martini vodka would be the choice...but I want a dry martini! And don't ask me if I want olives...of course I do! Bah! Place charged $11 for a martini and couldn't even make it correctly without twenty questions.. GRRR

Jameson's is out for all to see, the Black Bush http://www.whiskymag.com/whisky/brand/black_bush/whisky232.html is hidden and comes out every so often. Talk about an awesome tasting whiskey. My gawd, I'm gonna go grab it!

-B

Archived