LegacyGT.com

Got props

I was looking at TVs today, and once I got in my car, some older guy in a Porsche Boxster parks a few stalls away. He looked over at my car and studied it, then smiled and gave me a thumbs up. I'm not sure if he actually knew what my car is, but he probably does not know that a Legacy GT is faster than his, though. :twisted:

[quote name='BoxerGT2.5']Yes....but what T.V you thinkin of gettin??? :) hehe I have caught a couple of people eyeing my car and couldn't figure out what it was....debadging it only heightens the curiousity. :)[/quote] I know what you mean, I debadged my 98 accord when when it first came out... people didn't know what to make of it. They thought it was an Acura or something more expensive. One girl even asked me if it was an NSX!

Had a guy in a red shiny Jaguar today pull up next to me in a parking lot and compliment me on the car, asking me how I liked it. Turns out he was looking at them at a nearby dealership, but didn't have the guts to test drive one since he knew he'd want to buy it. Put a smile on my face for the evening! :D

I bought this Sony TV. [url=http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=HT4LEqFwNgYLH-BDxwIBGe5-gkX07bg4GN8=?ProductSKU=KV27FS320&Dept=tv&CategoryName=tv_27%22to32%22TVs]LINK[/url] Most stores don't even have it in yet, since it's new. It's not HD, but HD TVs are too heavy and expensive for what I want. Overall I think this one is the best analog one for the price and size, and it has 2 component video inputs. For my room at my apartment, I think it will work well. This way I save money and I can get a nice DLP or similar HDTV in a few years.

I was standing in my office elevator when a random guy out of nowhere asks, "are you the one with the legacy?" I then replied with a "yes, how did you know?" He told me that he noticed me with the car in the third level of my parking garage and then proceeded to mention that Subaru did a really good job on the car. I didnt know whether to take pride in the compliment or to run from the crazy man who stares at me as I pull in. I know there are a few of you in the DC area, although the Legacy's seen to date on the road is still nil.

[quote name='ssaldana'] I didnt know whether to take pride in the compliment or to run from the crazy man who stares at me as I pull in. I know there are a few of you in the DC area[/quote] Oh definitely--LOTS of crazies in the DC area... :P

Also in the DC area (Northern VA). I've seen one other Legacy GT - a Ltd Silver with spoiler. Couple of folks at work talked to me about my car this morning. One traded in his older M3 for the a GT Ltd. We have a LOT of WRX STi autos in the parking lot - there is a significant geek appeal about a car so well engineered, and the reverse snob factor.

There are 3 Subaru dealerships in my local area and I'm surprised that I've only seen one GT on the road so far (a black wagon). :( After driving it last week, I think it's an excellent car. I hope to start seeing more! I'll be in the market next year and this car will be on my short list! :)

On Saturday, coming back from the Ride and Drive, oddly enough, I was driving in my customarily spirited fashion. I noticed a Lexus SUV whipping around, trying to catch up to me. It took him quite a while and finally, as I just missed a loooong light, I was sitting there as it pulled up alongside. The woman in the passenger seat was looking my wagon over quite thoroughly, and I rolled down the window and said: "It's a Subaru Legacy GT." She turned to her husband and told him, and then she said "That is such a great looking car, and it's SO fast!" :lol: Kevin

Archived