LegacyGT.com

Any had to get there computer replaced ?

Naa the ECU.....my radiator fan never shut off.... the dealer said they had to replace the ECU…and the problem went away. Thought I saw in CAR & driver mag. they had the same problem with their car on the extended road trip.

I had the problem with the radiator fan not turning off, even on cold days. Anyway, I took it in, they replace the ECU?!?!?! A few days later I was washing my car, and noticed that there is some kind of green wire connections on the passanger side, under the dash, that were left disconnected. If I connect them the "check engine light" comes on! I have considered taking it back, but it is running great, and taking a Subaru to a Subaru dealer/service dept. is always 50/50 shot at getting your Legacy screwed up!:confused:

just curious....is the ECU replacement covered under the 5 year/100,000 km powertrain warrenty, or does it expire after the 3 year?

I am looking at buying a LGT soon and I just want to know what to expect should this problem come up.

thanks,

Richard

LOL ... I noticed that they left the green connectors conveniently not tucked under the carpet.

:D

Those are supposed to be unplugged except for when in diagnostic modes or when programming the ECU.

I had the problem with the radiator fan not turning off, even on cold days. Anyway, I took it in, they replace the ECU?!?!?! A few days later I was washing my car, and noticed that there is some kind of green wire connections on the passanger side, under the dash, that were left disconnected. If I connect them the "check engine light" comes on! I have considered taking it back, but it is running great, and taking a Subaru to a Subaru dealer/service dept. is always 50/50 shot at getting your Legacy screwed up!:confused:

LOL.

Those green connectors on the passenger side are diagnostic connectors. They are supposed to be unplugged during normal operation. Those connectors are used by the dealership to temporarily enable an ECU reflash.

Your CEL came on when you connected them because they aren't supposed to be connected! Unplug them, tuck them under the carpet, and stop blaming your Subaru dealer. ;)

Oops . . . looks like several ppl beat me to this reply . . .

LOL.

Those green connectors on the passenger side are diagnostic connectors. They are supposed to be unplugged during normal operation. Those connectors are used by the dealership to temporarily enable an ECU reflash.

Your CEL came on when you connected them because they aren't supposed to be connected! Unplug them, tuck them under the carpet, and stop blaming your Subaru dealer. ;)

Oops . . . looks like several ppl beat me to this reply . . .

Cool... I didn't know that! And why would I, but okay... I disconnected it when my CEL came on, because I figured it was supposed to be unplugged or the car would explode!:icon_surp:lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, that wasn't what my complaint regarding Subaru dealers/service dept. was about, but that is long story for another day, and I don't want to hijack this guys thread!

Archived