LegacyGT.com

help for my boss

GuyGanj

this is a message my boss posted,

the tires are mine...

what do you think?

"Little help please (lease back charge) TIRES

my lease on the car ends this friday (2003 G35 Sedan),

i still have the stock rims / tires @ 215 / 55 / 17.

now obviously the tires are almost gone and i need to put some

fresh rubber in order not to get back charged for new tires..

my friend has 215 / 45 / 17 Bridgestone RE92 from his car that he doesn’t need

(i know they suck) but i was wondering if you guys see any problem with putting those on? They are relatively new (i can get them for $50 each) get away with it at ~$200 rather

then $500+ .

my brand spanking new G35X will be waiting for me at the dealer on friday

thanks !"

The overall diameter will be 1.7 inches smaller, throwing off his speedometer by 6.4% (too fast). So he'll be going slower than he thinks he is, and will have shorter gearing. Not sure what the dealer would think, probably wouldn't notice.

If the dealer doesn't look closely at the tire size. Which they normally do, he'll be fine. But more than likely they will notice and try to charge him anyways. Most leases specifically state that the tire must be of equal performance and size.

Hmm, cheapest tire on Tire Rack in that size is the Kumho SOLUS KH16 @ $83 a piece. People on there seem to like them. Though, I don't know what the stock tires speed/load rating is, so i can't be sure if these are aplicable. These Kumho's are V rated. I think this would be a safer bet. If he spends the $200 to get the RE-92's, then the dealer notices and charges him anyways, then he is out the $200 + $$$ for OEM tires. $332 + shipping & mounting for the Kumho's.

Archived