LegacyGT.com

Just got 06 LGT MT - Advice needed

Just bought a new 06 LGT MT and I'm having trouble changing form 1st to second under harder acceleration. Is this normal? Has less than 100 miles on it still. How should I be driving to break in the engine? How long should I wait for the Cobb AccessPort?

Thanks for any advice!!:icon_tong

Search the power train forum... :)

Most people here believe in a 1000 mile break in period. After which you can drive as hard as you like.

1st to 2nd shift under hard acceleration? Um, I don't have issues.

AP, I would wait till your break in is done. :)

Heh... beat me to it.

I'm on the fence about being helpful to noobs. They should search, but then, you never know the "forum prowess" of a new LGT owner. We might come across as a bunch of snobs when someone says "search and ye shall find" or the like...

Anyhoo, Lgt transmissions are filled with 75w90 differential fluid, and as such will never shift as quickly as say- an acura tsx. Your tranny is still breaking in and will improve with time. synthetic transmission fluids like red-line and royal purple have been reported to help as well.

I would lay off the heavy acceleration during the break in period, general consensus seems to be keep away from high revs for the first 1500mi or so.

As far as the Cobb AP, wait as short or as long as you want. There is a nice AP sticky in the powetrains thread with tons of info.

Welcome, and enjoy your car.

Archived