LegacyGT.com

Painted calipers

RaGe

took some advice from a guy on hereand painted up my calipers. i purchased seom engine enamel from a local parts shop/ hotrod white and gloss black. all for 500 degree. buddy of mine owns a graphics shop so i got stickers made . painted the spots where i wanted to see the letters white and let it dry. did about 3 coats . let dry for 24 hours and then applied the stickers and painted it black. pealed the stickers off and then just let it dry. i did have the letters N A on the back calipers but when i got down to the last letter and this is the way it normally works some of the white lettering came up with the sticker. needless to say i threw a couple of tools drank a beer and then just painted the back calipers all black. over all easy project just lengthy. would have been alot easier if it was warm out. but i also had my car inside of a garage. made the appearnece alot better for those factory calipers. brembo wanna be's/ lol. Here are the URL's of the pictures of the wheels. there are three pictures. first time of using photo bucket so hang with me. if URL does not work just let me know and ill post them straight on here.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i171/Crucifix79/wheels002.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i171/Crucifix79/wheels003.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i171/Crucifix79/wheels004.jpg

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

Nice! I still think leaving the vinyl on is a better alternative than painting over it, and then peeling it off.

Just for a test I threw the vinyl on my calipers without cleaning them, and they are still holding! Even after numerous car washes, snow storms, downpours, etc. And the decals were not applied in the best of conditions, or with any preparation.

I will soon paint my calipers and apply some decals, the questions still remains if I will put some white or silver decals.

GL

X

Shameless plug if you want to buy caliper decals: buyadecal.com

---

hoestly i dont know if you would even be able to destinguish the diff. only you would know. the decals are so small due to the lettering to make it all fit. unless you get up on it and get down on your knees to look at a distance i really dont think you could tell imo.

OTM.

Great detail work! Before I switched to Brembo's I had done something similar.(Blk caliper's & silver pad carrier). I took the time to not paint the ss heat shields, and I think it makes it look really OEM! I didn't have lettering on mine though so your's are better!

hoestly i dont know if you would even be able to destinguish the diff. only you would know. the decals are so small due to the lettering to make it all fit. unless you get up on it and get down on your knees to look at a distance i really dont think you could tell imo.

The difference is the bleeding of paint that you get under the decal. When you remove it you do not have perfect lettering anymore. It also does not help that the caliper itself does not have a totally smooth surface so getting the paint under the decal is pretty easy.

X

---

sorry i should have elaborated i was talking about the silver comapered to the white as far as the lettering goes.

OTM.

sorry i should have elaborated i was talking about the silver comapered to the white as far as the lettering goes.

Oooh, yeah I see. Well the silver have is a very shinny silver, kind of a silver paint, so it looks different. I may just throw it on and see what it looks like. The white stands out a lot, it is really white. the silver may be a little more subtle.

I'll cut two sets of decals in white and silver and take pics so I can show the difference.

X

---

it didnt really matter to me, i figured anything was better than what i had. am curious what the silver lettering would look like though. ill keep my eyes open for when you do it. i have a steady hand and can replicate bob ross now. so if i like it i will just go get a nice brush and hit them letters again.

OTM.

Bob Ross was the man! But I could never understand his obsession with the huge trees at the end after he had just finished a beautiful painting! You knew he was always hitting the pipe in between commercials!

I will cut the decals tonight just to show the difference in color at least on pics, and I may paint my calipers next weekend and apply the decals.

X

---

good deal. by the way he talked i bet he was hitting alot more than just a pipe in between commecials.

OTM.

For the record, this guy makes excellent decals, and he gets them to you quick. I paid $10 for a sheet of stickers that will allow me to do both front and back calipers with a couple of options. Now I just need to buy the paint.

Oh, and I bought silver decals.

H2OSB

Nice! I still think leaving the vinyl on is a better alternative than painting over it, and then peeling it off.

Just for a test I threw the vinyl on my calipers without cleaning them, and they are still holding! Even after numerous car washes, snow storms, downpours, etc. And the decals were not applied in the best of conditions, or with any preparation.

I will soon paint my calipers and apply some decals, the questions still remains if I will put some white or silver decals.

GL

X

Shameless plug if you want to buy caliper decals: buyadecal.com

Archived