LegacyGT.com

Typical 30K service cost?

It depends greatly on your locale (eg hourly rate) and dealer add-on services. I am taking my WRX in next week for $500 at Exeter(NH) Subaru (similar pricing according to LGT according to service rep). This includes oil change/tire rotation.

Steep yes, however this dealership is very highly regarded in New England for service and with the Chase Subaru credit card kickbacks, free!

I called Subaru about the cost of the 30k for my Forester and they quoted me something similar. I asked them to break down the cost and they were charging me for a lot of things that can be easily done yourself. I will be taking it in soon however I am only having them check the things that can effect the powertrain warranty. I think the price was around $200.

30K mile service includes:

Inspect belts and camshaft drive belt

Replace oil and filter

Perform coolant flush

Replace fuel filter (in cold climates)

Replace air filter

Inspection Gear oil

Inspection Transmission fluid (I am personally changing mine @ 30K)

Replace Brake fluid

Inspection brake, lines, and pads

Inspection clutch

Inspection wheel bearing

Perform wheel/tire rotation

2005 Subaru Service Schedule

I was just looking at the list prices at my dealership the other day, and was a bit shocked to see the 30,000 mile service shown as $679!!! I can't remember exactly what that included, but I think it was everything posted above, plus it was a flush/refill on all the trans and diff fluids. Oh, and it also had the injector / fuel system 'cleaning', to get rid of all the carbon deposits and whatnot. They had another book with nice pretty before/after pictures of this service, which was listed on the 15k mile service as well. Next time I'm there I'll grab the price list and post it back.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Every dealer has a different 30k. In my job a 30k includes inspection, replacing pcv valve, air filter, cleaning trottle body, replacing brake fluid, replacing spark plugs if not platnum, and drive line service. Trans, platnum plugs, and if it has a gas filter every 60k.

Archived