LegacyGT.com

Ticketed for tint. Easy to remove?

eldiablo

Pulled over and ticketed by a NJ Trooper today for my 50% front tints. Will find out what the fine is tomorrow.

I can probably leave the tint on and never be pulled over for it again, but I don't want to risk giving them a reason...

Did a search but can't seem to find any real info on what is required to remove the tint film. Any thoughts?

My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

i got one the on st patricks day at 4am....

gay crap, i had to do a sobriety test, and i hadnt had anything to drink so he gave me a tint ticket

im going to the dealer i used to work at and snapping pics of a stock silver legacy before i go to court...it was a bs ticket in the first place

to remove tint, you basically just peel it off...thats about it

i got one the on st patricks day at 4am....

gay crap, i had to do a sobriety test, and i hadnt had anything to drink so he gave me a tint ticket

im going to the dealer i used to work at and snapping pics of a stock silver legacy before i go to court...it was a bs ticket in the first place

to remove tint, you basically just peel it off...thats about it

Wait so you don't really have tint on the windows, he was just "nice" and let you off with a tint ticket? What was the real crime then, speeding?

PS removing tint on the front windows is simple. Like 2 minutes

Wait so you don't really have tint on the windows, he was just "nice" and let you off with a tint ticket? What was the real crime then, speeding?

I do have tint. 50% on the fronts / 35% legal in the rear. It's light enough that I've never been pulled over in 11 months. I'm quite shocked that it actually happened. I've been ticketed for speeding with this tint, and it went unnoticed.

I had my son in the car today so I was in the slow lane doing 60 in a 65 with the flow of traffic. Trooper was in a pack of cars doing around 80 in the fast lane when he swooped down on me. My son wondered if the cop was going to break my windows - poor confused kid.

If it's easy enough to peel, I may just go ahead and take it off to avoid future attention from the 5-0...

oops...Just realized your comments were for AWDxboost

A couple of hints.

Use only carbon blades (i think). One kind will scratch the crap out of our glass (already had one replaced by the dealer for their removal of a SALE sticker.

If the blade is a hassel you can always steam the window first to get the tint to loosen up. Especially helpful if removing tint from rear defroster/antenna grid.

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

no no...i have tint

his reason for pulling me over at 4:30am was because my tint looked too dark:icon_mad: he wanted to give out a dui, but i never drink when i drive, so he just was being an ass

I think "steaming up the windows" would be pretty fun, even without taking off the tint afterwards :lol:

Ugh... don't even joke about it. I've cleaned cars that I should have been wearing a biohaz suit during. Haven't you people ever heard of towels? How about 'hotel'? Ever heard of that word? sheseshhhh... :lol:

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Ive had to remove tint on my old cars for the same reason..

Peel the tint off, should leave alot of glue on the window.. Took a sponge and sprayed it down with WD40. Take the sponge and wipedown/hold it onto the glue untill it softens up... take a razorblade or some sort of hard/straight edged tool n start scraping the glue off. It should come off pretty easy.

Ive done this in the past, just be carefull with the razor on the window. This worked on tint applied like 5 years ago or so, I hope nothings changed.. maybe do a small test area to be sure.

Whatever you do, dont rip that stuff off then roll down your window.. your likely to take the window seals along with it.

peel off the tint followed by some type of goo-gone or eq. for the glue left behind

i've gotten about 5 tickets to date on my LGT- paid the $60 each time and was done with it

Damn, what part of Queens do you drive in? I commute from nassau to flushing everyday via northern blvd and I've only been pulled over once.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Damn, what part of Queens do you drive in? I commute from nassau to flushing everyday via northern blvd and I've only been pulled over once.

i live in flushing but im in astoria 95% of the day

everytime ive been pulled over in astoria- 3x by the same cop, lol

1 time in sunnyside

i think my front windshield tinted points me out

...all you need is a razor blade...

NOT TRUE Denny!:icon_tong If it's quality tint you'll have one hell of a time getting all the adhesive off the glass.

I tried it once, using goof-off and all, and it still ended up taking a good hour to get just 1(!) side window totally clean...and I was cursing my ass off for sure. What a f-in mess that adhesive makes.

After that experience I just took the car back to the tint place which had all the glue off no time....

Hmmm. Thanks for the tips. Based upon the tintdude site, looks like the steam method is the way to proceed.

What is ironic / moronic is that the ticket is for "view obstruction". As luck would have it, my morning and evening drives are both into glaring sunlight. The tint has actually made a difference to improve my sight in these conditions. I know I should shut up and take it up with my lawmakers... just venting.

a tint ticket...i'm still waiting on mine (hope i don't curse myself with these words). what i usually do is roll down both front windows all the way the moment i see a cop, even if he's on the other side of a median (I drive mostly city).

If it were me, I'd just pay the thing and pretend it never happened.

Archived