LegacyGT.com

Navigation standard on LGT's?

Yeah I know what you mean but I like that factory appearance. I would think you would need the Navi unit, a few pieces of the wiring, run a speed sensor wire to the cluster, run a gps sensor of course. Is the factory navi dvd based? Is there a dvd player/changer built into the car somewhere like the trunk or glovebox? People will start wrecking the 06’s with the Navi in it sooner or later and the breakers will be selling the Navi units on ebay:) I bet they will be the the $1000 range

It should be possible, but we've figured that it will take $2000-$3000 in extra parts alone to do it. (although you could probably sell some of the old parts)

I'm not sure that anybody would find it worth it to pay that much for the OEM system.

Ok. I have been talking to an an internet direct salesman at a local dealership who seemed pretty knowledgeable and also an enthusiasist himself as he owns an 05 LGT. He said one of his customers had success with this

Pioneer AVIC-N2. Cartoys charged this customer over $2K for the unit plus install. Amazon and other places has it for a lot less (about $1200). He mentioned that this unit fits exactly in the middle of the dash (storage space that it can replace) and works great.

As a DIY, is it easy to do it? Where would be a cheaper place to have it installed professionally. Will it be possible to integrate it to the audio system so when the GPS voice comes up, it overrides the music.

Anyone else tried this device and did you have success.

Please post your thoughts.

Thanks,

-Jai

Yeah I know what you mean but I like that factory appearance. I would think you would need the Navi unit, a few pieces of the wiring, run a speed sensor wire to the cluster, run a gps sensor of course. Is the factory navi dvd based? Is there a dvd player/changer built into the car somewhere like the trunk or glovebox? People will start wrecking the 06’s with the Navi in it sooner or later and the breakers will be selling the Navi units on ebay:) I bet they will be the the $1000 range

In order to do the retrofit, you would need at least:

81302AG05A Inst Pnl Harn Usa $233.81

86281AG04A Display Ay / Contact $936.07

66060AG07A Panel Ay Ctr Mosia $71.81

86271AG04A Navi Ay / Contact Ke $950.51

86274AG000 Bracket Navig Unit $7.00

86273AG00A Cord Assy $68.73

86277AG12A Gps Assy $72.95

That's $2340.88. And assuming that you don't need to replace the stereo or ECU.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

Wow that is pretty complete. I am still looking too. The Garmin 2720 is looking pretty good. Nothing definate though. Subaru should have just made the Nav available for 5MT models too. What is the difficulty in that?? Love the car, but Subaru is definately out to lunch on the technology front here when it comes to must have electronic toys.

For your car audio/video needs:D

Audio Crafters IS it.

In Pasadena Ca. Arthur rules.

www.audio-crafters.com

Archived