LegacyGT.com

Subaru Corp info

I live in Illinois and I spent about 3 weeks trying to get a hold of the service rep. The dealer and SoA was trying to get him to call me but nothing ever happened.

I spoke with a senior rep at SoA and he said that because the dealership told him that there is nothing wrong with my vehicle he can't recommend any repairs be made.

Subaru of America customer service is terrible.

The way I understand it is that the dealer must recommend that a Subaru rep come out and take a look at a car if the dealer is having issues. There is no way you can escalate your problem or contact them directly. I'm sure if you speak to Subaru of America Customer Service, they could give you a better answer.

What problems are you having with your car?

I hardly think Subaru customer service is terrible. I've had nothing but great service from them and many others have as well.

A quick " funny " story;

Took my car in 6 mos ago for ILL5 issue - Dealer knew nothing about it. I told them very common - Argument,blahblah then soa came on site and said no problem we will have new switch next week. Dealer never apologized, but to make it more obvious(the problem) - part was on back order for 5 weeks...must be I wasn't the only one with the problem. When they installed the swich they did it with a pry bar and tore up my dash.

Sorry for the long version, but not thrilled with dealer or soa for many reasons similar to above.

If they just spent 1/2 hour a week on this site they could save a lot of a$$ ache for themselves and customers. Some complaints are bs, but others should simply be taken care of.

They kind of helped me out from getting ripped off too much. I have to agree that Subaru must do more w/ dealers to make their customers feel more welcome and not feel like their getting shafted and being blamed for problems.

I don't want to have to drive 1 hour or more to get work done on my car even though there are like 4 within a 15 mile radius but each has horror stories to go with them, one I would go to but too far and have to take a day off.

The way I understand it is that the dealer must recommend that a Subaru rep come out and take a look at a car if the dealer is having issues. There is no way you can escalate your problem or contact them directly. I'm sure if you speak to Subaru of America Customer Service, they could give you a better answer.

What problems are you having with your car?

I hardly think Subaru customer service is terrible. I've had nothing but great service from them and many others have as well.

I guess its time to go make a fool of myself at the dealer :)

My car has too much wind noise. Especially this weekend, when its been so windy here in DC area. Speeds over 40mph, and you can hear wind. Between 60 and 80mph and you might as well be in a convertible or big boxy old school SUV. I don't feel any drafts, no whistles or leaks that I can feel or hear, just lots of rushing/roaring wind noise. Even worse when the wind actually blows. The radio can be loud enough to drown it out, but that gets exhausting. Sometimes you just want peace and quiet.

Oh well, back to square one I guess. I might try calling SOA tomorrow and see if they are willing to help a new customer of less than 30 days.

30 days or nearly three years... Warranty is warranty, and you bought their product... They need to follow up with service that they are there to provide.

Sounds like the windsheild needs to be re-sealed or replaced... there was also something about filling a gap in the side mirror joint or something that helped with wind noise... it isn't an un-heard-of problem.

Archived