LegacyGT.com

Ahhhhh condensation ... help!

Legacy05

So my only guess is that it rained a couple of days ago and it was cold enough at night to cause this .... what can I do to fix this?? (I have the halo's) I was thinking of taking them out, taking the bulbs out and using a hair dryer to dry it out .. and then put silicon around .. would that work????

help please :) thanks! I don't want to drive around at night till I get this fixed, I don't want to burn any bulbs out.

http://members.cox.net/ohmer_stuff/tn_IMG_0464.JPG

I forgot to add that this never happened when I washed my car, so do you think its possible that it came through the holes that where drilled for the halo wires?

oh god..i was just thinking of putting halos on my car...and this is the one of the worst result i don't want to see....

if i only clear my headlights is there possibilities that this will occur also?

hope you can find a way to prevent this in the future

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

oh god..i was just thinking of putting halos on my car...and this is the one of the worst result i don't want to see....

if i only clear my headlights is there possibilities that this will occur also?

hope you can find a way to prevent this in the future

Yes this will happen anytime you break the seal that holds the housings together. Just make sure you reseal them properly and you will be fine

Denial is your best friend

You didn't seal them up correctly after opening them up. Don't re-seal them w/o opening them up again & cleaning everything out.

Same thing happened to my supra.

So your saying, back to the oven .. take apart .. and reseal? correct? grrr .. that will suck .. heh.

I have had my headlights cleared for 8 months and dont have any such problems..

One thing we did different was we put the headlight back together as close as you could get it and put it back in the oven for 10 mins and put it back together while it was still gooey plus using a heat gun..

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

This is why I will never hack up my headlamps. The moment you put a drill bit to the plastic, you're asking for trouble.

No offense, but that's kind of a dumb comment. Have you modified anything else in your car? Anytime you disassemble something and put it back together you face the possibility of something not turning out right later. Do things right though and you have little to worry about.

thing is, how do you tell if it's "right" or not?

If you use enough heat and make sure that all the tabs line up correctly you should be fine.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

All fixed :) didn't take too long .... I put some new silicon on and put some in the holes where the wires came through. I did the same thing to the drivers side just in case. I swear I had a half-glass of water come out of the headlight.

If you use enough heat and make sure that all the tabs line up correctly you should be fine.

Exactly ... how many people have done this on our cars and many others and never had a problem? Many more than those who did have problems.

Furthermore, the fact that the wire holes weren't sealed up is 98% likely the reason the condensation formed in there, not because the headlights didn't seal properly when put back together.

Good point, I took the bulbs out and stuck a hair dryer in there for a while, the moisture is gone ... I am going to park it in the garage tonight with the bulbs out to let it air out just in case.... this is all very odd ... thanks everyone.

Archived