LegacyGT.com

Photo gallery

I actually have a problem with doing things based on post-count. It really encourages stupid posts, whether they are one-liners or people just posting about something they really know nothing about. Post-count rewards create a bad precedent. Time on-site is one thing, post-count another... (I am not saying this bcause of my stats at all)
:spin:

^^^ I agree with that post counts that offer rewards will cause people to just post useless information rahter then posting when they have something to actually say.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

[quote name='05LegacyGT330Ci']^^^ I agree with that post counts that offer rewards will cause people to just post useless information rahter then posting when they have something to actually say.[/quote] Not that anyone around here does that sort of thing now...

[quote name='Tide']Hmm, I could probably swing it that over xxx posts could do as well. 1000 posts for a photo album?[/quote] That sounds like a reasonable number actually....and unlike the others, I AM saying this because of my stats. I'm not going to try and cover it up! :P Post counts don't really deter from content IMO, so just leave it as is. We've already voted on this so I doubt things will change for you n00bs. :P

Custom titles is the only 'reward' for high post count, but it also requires 180 days on the forums. This helps to keep whoring done. Post count or not, some people will just post to post, nothing I can do about that! Personally I'd prefer to keep it as a benefit of membership, its one of the few values I can add to thank those that do donate.

Sorry, this thread is about to go off topic for a second.... Hmmm, I am a n00b? Wait, it appears I am not, judging by when I joined and the quality of the questions and responses I post. I found a great definition while surfing around... [quote][u][b]n00b[/b] [/u]: 1. Shortened form of "newbie," the most hilarious insult ever invented, in which a person who uses a computer game too much is ridiculing one who does not, for being "new" at the game, which of course they once were. Generally speaking, the speaker of this "insult" is one who should be on the receiving end of most insults. Commonly found in allegiance with "1337$1'331<," or "leetspeak," the accepted language of computer gaming geeks which takes a ludicrous amount of time to type. 2. A person who acts like they know everything [/quote] So, while throwing around the term n00b is cool and all, there are a lot of people that will come to this board with more experience than I may ever have in a particular subject area, and I will never refer to them as a n00b just because I have more posts or have been on the board longer... (probably won’t use the term at all after this post) Back on topic, I stand by my post above. If bandwidth is the limiting factor then people who donate and moderators should be the only ones to get access.(They are helping to pay for the bandwidth after all and/or helping the site out) If it is a reward, give it out at Moderator discretion or something like that. I know if you do change over to the new software, users can have points added and subtracted. That might be a useful determination. [u]This is added after both DM and Tide's posts below:[/u] I don't take DM seriously 99% of the time, but I know that if I were new to the board, I would be turned off by the "n00b" comments etc., serious or not. Especially if I came in with a great amount of automotive experience, but little or no computer forum time. If you have seen the movie "Super Troopers," it reminds me of Farvre and the "rookie" comments. (If you haven't, watch it sometime while consuming a few frosty bevarges.) Oh well, enough :D
:spin:

[quote name='praedet']Sorry, this thread is about to go off topic for a second.... Hmmm, I am a n00b? Wait, it appears I am not, judging by when I joined and the quality of the questions and responses I post. I found a great definition while surfing around... [quote][u][b]n00b[/b] [/u]: 1. Shortened form of "newbie," the most hilarious insult ever invented, in which a person who uses a computer game too much is ridiculing one who does not, for being "new" at the game, which of course they once were. Generally speaking, the speaker of this "insult" is one who should be on the receiving end of most insults. Commonly found in allegiance with "1337$1'331<," or "leetspeak," the accepted language of computer gaming geeks which takes a ludicrous amount of time to type. 2. A person who acts like they know everything [/quote] So, while throwing around the term n00b is cool and all, there are a lot of people that will come to this board with more experience than I may ever have in a particular subject area, and I will never refer to them as a n00b just because I have more posts or have been on the board longer... (probably won’t use the term at all after this post) Back on topic, I stand by my post above. If bandwidth is the limiting factor then people who donate and moderators should be the only ones to get access.(They are helping to pay for the bandwidth after all and/or helping the site out) If it is a reward, give it out at Moderator discretion or something like that. I know if you do change over to the new software, users can have points added and subtracted. That might be a useful determination.[/quote] I really think it should be for members only anyhow Tide. Anyways pradet, don't get your n00b panties in a bunch....I'm just having some fun! Hence the " :P " It appears you ARE a n00b because you didn't pick up that I was kidding around. :lol:

Archived