LegacyGT.com

Good riding?

sl10002001

Hey all,

I'm from MA and am going to be moving to FL in the next 6mos or so - specifically around the Tampa/Orlando area.

I like to take my car to the Berkshire mountains here in MA and ride my motorcycle out there frequently as well. Locally the roads are not exciting, and to get to the "good" roads its about 2hrs. I also head up to the white mountains of NH and into VT/ME and Canada for some great riding as well.

I'm wondering if there are any fellow Legacy owners who may also ride that can tell me if there is any good riding accessible from the Orlando area? I know its a metro area, I'm not sure if there is anything entertaining within a few hours? Or am I SOL?

Any info is appreciated!!!

-Paul

There are mountains about 8 hours north of Orlando! :lol:

There are also a lot of back country 2-lane roads in Florida once you get out of the metro areas, even some hilly country NW of Orlando in Mt. Dora...

But if your looking for true curvy roads with elevation changes your looking at a road trip to GA.

Thanks my man, thats exactly what I was expecting :( At least you mention something north of Orlando, better than nothing. Initially we were looking in the Jacksonville area and although I know nothing about htis area, I knew it was closer to the GA mountains :)

I'm going to have to learn how to deal with the heat as well I know...

Not sure if anyone can answer this as well...what about dirtriding? we trailride here on some older XR's...anyplace down there for that? Or same story?

Archived