LegacyGT.com

Hankook RS2 anyone?

jsalicru

yeah, Im shopping for sway bars now too... gonna finish out the suspension/brakes soon so that I can move on to the engine stuff...

Now, Im just debating between Whiteline, Cusco, & Perrin (Whiteline, Cusco being the main contenders)

Also gonna get steering rack bushings

Hawk HPS pads all around

That would complement my current GP Moto setup...

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

I currently have the Hankooks as my autox tire. Compared to the Falkens they don't heat cycle as quickly, which is to say they retain their grip longer than the Falkens. The guys running falkens at my test and tune were done after maybe 6 or so runs where as my Hankooks were good to at least 8 hard runs. For the price I'd get the Hankooks. I would say that when they wear out, you might want to consider trying the Falkens. That way you can over the course of their life decide which is better. I will likely try a different tire after mine wear out just to get some variety.

besides the thread I posted here I talked to multiple people at the local autox about both tires ....... I ended up with the 615 and definitely like them.

I've had no issues putting 10+ runs in a single heat on them (double drivers, double entries, etc). No slimy issues either and it's already fairly warm here. Finally figured out the best tire pressures for me Sunday ....... 18 runs, so I'm extra happy with them now.

I was told by one of the vendors on this site that Whiteline does not make bushings for the Legacy. The WRX has a different Subaru part number then the Legacy bushing. I noticed a difference when I swapped bushings on my WRX.

the LGT steering rack bushings are the same as the 05 STi bushings.
"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

I installed the RT-615s last night. Wow those things are fatter than the stocks... definitely a fat 225. I expected a flush look since the stock 215s are a little stretched looking. These actually stick out a little more than flush. Looks kinda funky, but I'll take it. :)

They are nice tires thus far. Noticeably stiffer sidewall for sure.

Now I just need some bars... wondering if they will cure some of the peg-legging I get during corner exiting and throttle.

I installed the RT-615s last night. Wow those things are fatter than the stocks... definitely a fat 225. I expected a flush look since the stock 215s are a little stretched looking. These actually stick out a little more than flush. Looks kinda funky, but I'll take it. :)

They are nice tires thus far. Noticeably stiffer sidewall for sure.

Now I just need some bars... wondering if they will cure some of the peg-legging I get during corner exiting and throttle.

that's why Falken 225s go well with a 8" wide wheel ;) Yes, they are indeed fat.

Keefe

F/R sway bar would take care of that peg-legging a little you think?

yeah, that's the problem. I might also try to stiffen the shocks some.

On the STi I used to always set the rear stiffer than the front.. which I might do this time too.

Pics...

225/45/17 on stocks..

Kinda looks thick. Makes me wanna get wheels after all.

http://homepage.mac.com/jsalicru/.Public/IMG_2442%20(Medium).JPG

http://homepage.mac.com/jsalicru/.Public/IMG_2443%20(Medium).JPG

http://homepage.mac.com/jsalicru/.Public/IMG_2444%20(Medium).JPG

naaah, the main reason why I did this is because I wanted to make sure I have a decent set of tires for the turbo upgrade that I hope to install soon.

It would be stupid to have 320-360whp and RE92s.

18s w/ thick rubber will come.

that's why Falken 225s go well with a 8" wide wheel ;) Yes, they are indeed fat.

And also, the 215 RE92's are undersized compared to the 'typical' 215 width - just changing to the P-Zero Nero M+S 215/45-17 looks like a whole wider tire size on the stock wheels. So yeah, the 225's should be a dramatic change, especially if the Falken's are a 'wide' brand.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

yeah, I also wonder about the rim itself. I sold my RE92s to my neighbor who just bough the $75 special on edgeracing. 17x7 Enkei. On those wheels, the 215s look perfect, not as stretched looking as they look on the Suby.

I have had RT-215's on my Miata. Yes, they are sticky, but uber noisy. I only got 10K out of mine. I will try the Hankooks if I choose to go with a Ultra HP summer tire.

Alot will depend if my 15" snows will fit on my 06 Leg SW.

Archived