LegacyGT.com

My SpecB experience, after 5 months

They're American

The door gap on my Canadian made Camaro was so wide, I did not have to open the door to get in the car. Should I blame Canadian autoworkers? Or maybe it is actually you who built that car.

But seriously, it is up to the manufacturer to manage the workers to do the job right in a global economy. Don't blame the nationality of the worker....blame the management philosophy, and perhaps the ability of each managment team to adapt to the different cultural nuances of each society. What works in Japan for management style to instill the right processes and due care in manufacturing any product....may not work in America....and vice versa. Canada too....

For what it's worth, my Spec B has no fit/finish problems other than the middle rear headrest looks a bit unevenly stitched and slightly crooked when viewed through the rear window. However, I'm enough like Monk when it comes to things like fit/finish that I doubt anyone else would have noticed it. It is really minor, and I haven't noticed any of the various poor assembly problems mentioned in the previous posts. Maybe Indiana had their act together by the time #237 was being put together, or maybe 237 wasn't assembled on Monday morning or Friday afternoon. Or maybe I'm just lucky.

I agree entirely. I own a spec. B and have never been more disappointed with the assembly of a car. The moonroof is crooked, the driver's side doors are terribly misaligned, and I have a few areas of defective paint.

I just picked up my SpecB and my only complant is the paasenger rear door is poorly aligned.

I find it funny that Spec B owners feel like they need to upgrade the suspension on a car that is suposed to already come with better than sport-tuned suspension (the regular GT is supposed to have sporty suspension).

I just put the 20mm JDM Rear Sway on and am pretty happy with that setup so it's not all of us :icon_bigg

I've been to the Lafayette Factory Tour twice and can assure you all that it's a Non-union 'shop' In fact, they have 'No UAW' stickers on their Lunch boxes!

In addition, they post the quality scores of both Japan and US Subaru Factories and are always running a friendly compettion!

I find it funny that Spec B owners feel like they need to upgrade the suspension on a car that is suposed to already come with better than sport-tuned suspension (the regular GT is supposed to have sporty suspension).

Yeah, it just takes WAY less modification to get it the way I wanted

LGT = Front/Rear Sways, Front/Rear Endlinks, coilovers = approx $1600 (which I had on my 05 LGT)

SpecB = Rear Sway (maybe), Springs = appox $600 (still stock on the B, but it def needs a lil help the way I drive :D

It's tough, if you love to mod and you want the car to be "your way" you will always wanna change stuff....its the nature of the beast ;)

Archived