LegacyGT.com

GA/SC/NC/TN meet?

Jerboa113

I'm just putting this out there to see if maybe we can work something out for all this nice weather we've been ahving.. once the pollen subsides that is..

I'm in no hurry, but I was thinking if we could work somethin out for the GA/SC/NC/TN area to establish some kind of meet? maybe if atlatna dragway would let us rent the track for a day or use it during some public test/tune day like all tracks have as an excuse for a meet sometime this summer?

I know I'd like to meet some other people from the area who've made the right vehicle desicion hehe, and I think it'd be great to have some group pics of the cars, maybe see what mods everyone has done etc.

again I'm in no hurry and I'm certainly not the one to coordinate the whole thing, but I just thought I'd throw out the idea? I'd be willing to go as far as charolette probablly, so long as its any major highway travel, I know going south of augusta is slow going cos theres no real highway that carries you straight south.

well.. just thought I'd see what yall thought, maybe someones already planning and I missed the boat?

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Count me in!! What do you think about the Darlington 1/4 mile track? Rollin Wes is checking on it to see what the schedule is like. Charlotte, sounds good too. There seems to be a good amount of people in the GA, SC, NC, TN area so maybe we can make it happen.

me? oh no I haven't done hardly anything at all to mine, just the cleared headlights, hids and carputer project, really minor daily driver stuff. I'd like to do more but projects like that are on the back burner to other things right now.

we're talking about this right?

http://www.darlingtondragway.com/

located at:

2056 E Bobo Newsom Hwy, Hartsville, SC 29550, USA

here it is in terraserver:

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=10&Z=17&X=2962&Y=18982&W=3&qs=2056+E+Bobo+Newsom+Hwy%7cHartsville%7cSC%7c&Addr=2056+E+Bobo+Newsome+Hwy%2c+Hartsville%2c+SC+29550&ALon=-79.9943286&ALat=34.3057453

for anyone who has google earth, from what I can tell theres really nothing there, just a dragstrip in feilds heh, but its about 2.5 hours from here so, I can go that far no prob

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Sounds like a great idea...i think I could make it out...as long as schedule permits...here lately it has been rough. I havent driven my car for basically a month (been away on business for the past month) Im jonesing for some subi power :)

any updates on darlingto or charolette? I guess I can call jackson and atlanta dragway and see what they're doing, but I have a feeling atlanta dragway is probablly packed, very popular place, and in a good sized community too (commerce GA)

oh no not at all! certainly anyone willing to come is most welcome, the only reason I didn't say "southeast" meet was cos I figured people from western alabama, mississippi, lou. ext. might not want to drive that far, I'm not excluding anyone by any means.

memorial day weekend I will be in gatlinburg TN. but.. if we decide to have it up that way I could certainly drop in, we could also do it that monday after cos I think most everyone is off right? I leave gatlinburg sunday morning to head home, its a 5 hour drive.

where is FONTANA VILLAGE, NC google earth cant seem to find it. if thats close to cherokee or ashville or anything like tht that could be great cos we'll be up that way anyway and can drive right over.

oh no not at all! certainly anyone willing to come is most welcome, the only reason I didn't say "southeast" meet was cos I figured people from western alabama, mississippi, lou. ext. might not want to drive that far, I'm not excluding anyone by any means.

memorial day weekend I will be in gatlinburg TN. but.. if we decide to have it up that way I could certainly drop in, we could also do it that monday after cos I think most everyone is off right? I leave gatlinburg sunday morning to head home, its a 5 hour drive.

where is FONTANA VILLAGE, NC google earth cant seem to find it. if thats close to cherokee or ashville or anything like tht that could be great cos we'll be up that way anyway and can drive right over.

DUDE!!!

Gatlinburg is only like one hour from the Dragon!!!

You have to come meet up with us!!

Use google maps to find Fontana Dam, NC. That's where we're all staying :)

excellent! how does this sound to everyone? memorial weekend at said location? if there's already a subaru meet goin on there then it should be great to just.. add our group into it, if they'll have us.

thats perfect timing lol we're gonna be staying in gatlinburg the 22nd-28th, its always a fun vacation, and this will be my 1st trip there with a car that can handle it :) last year I went in a 4wd truck lol, and even then the roads were fun.

btw.what exactly is this? a drive around? meet up? is that a road track or something? the post kinda talks like its so very well known everyone should know about it but uh... I'm a n00b.. so I dont.. heh

any updates on darlingto or charolette? I guess I can call jackson and atlanta dragway and see what they're doing, but I have a feeling atlanta dragway is probablly packed, very popular place, and in a good sized community too (commerce GA)

Do you know much about the 1/4 mile track near Aiken? I hear it's pretty nice.

Do you know much about the 1/4 mile track near Aiken? I hear it's pretty nice.

you mean carolina dragway in jackson SC? its about 45 minutes from here, its ok, I think a friend of mine says her cousin knows the owner or something, but that doesn't make a difference heh, it would be a fine place to meet up for a small meet or something if we wanted to get some 1/4 times. thursday nights is "Test and tune" for them, every thursday, never been to one, but I hear its packed. I'm kind of embarassed to go as I have NEVER ran a 1/4 or done any sort of track racing so I dont want to make a fool out of myself or wind up breaking my car from stupidity. but I would like to be able to open the car up. I imagine tho they rent it out like anyone else, if yall want to I can call if ya dont think this deals gap thing is a sure fire winner, reading over it it sounds like a lot of fun, I want to look up the course on google earth tho, and I am in the process, but that'll take some time.. and from experience. roads never look near as bad on satellite as they do out the windsheild heh

I would love to see how the car handles in sporty roads and what not, but as a driver thats rather unskilled at any kind of performance driving, I am a bit.. I guess worrieds not the word, but you k now what I mean, about what could come about. I handled those roads just fine last year in my 4wd, so I imagine this year wil be all the better.. I'd still like to go either way.

ima read up

cool, so its a standard road... that had 2 deaths last year, and about 1-2 deaths a year since 98, very popular with bikes, which doesn't suprise me at all. speed limit 30mph in some spots, 1 hour away from gatlinburg.

beginning of the course according to a google earth community poster is:

35°31'30.09"N

83°59'37.60"W

heres an image map, looks like a lot of fun, but you know how roads like that can be if you get stuck behind grandma in her 1991 buick century.

http://tailofthedragon.com/maps/poster2005.jpg

sweet, I think I'll be there, unless something happens like a wheel falls off or something lol :lol:

what do you cook? ribs? bbq? I can hardly deep fry or microwave... so I can't contribute anything thats not bagged if you plan to have some kinda cookout lol

Okay, not necessarily thread-related, but my wife and I are most likely moving to the Atlanta area to attend GT for grad school starting in the fall. I'm trying to get an idea of # of Legacy owners in the area.
Not sure about Legacy's but I know Subaru's are big down there. You will get a better responce on NASIOC than on here Good Luck

I wanna go, but saturday is the best day for me, what day is it on again? I wont be anywhere near that area by monday.. gotta leave sunday morning.

ok, I might be being lazy and not wanting to read the 28 page or otherwise huge link a few posts up, but I think it'll be helpful for everyone thinking about going who may not be feeling the need to post yet, and those of you who are but havern't asked (since I tend to be rather oblivious to asking a stupid question)

Wheres everyone meeting on what days at what time? street addresses helpful hehe.

I wil be in gatlinburg TN the whole week from the 22nd to the 28th, we leave sunday to head home, its a 5 hour trip and ima have a trunk fulla luggage so I'd rather not ride this road with that kind of weight ratio lol so friday or saturday is my best day to ride out, hang out, ride the road, and head back to the cabin. me and some friends are goin up there and ther will be 2 legacies there as far as I know from my "group" I guess.. (he doesn't post much cos his work banned the forum from their servers lol)

Search for Fontana Dam, NC on Google maps (fontana village does not return a result). But it's just to the west of the dam where that twisty pile of roads is...

Look at the rough schedule that's in the thread over at NASIOC.

Over the last few years we've left for Tellico Plains, TN around 10ish on Saturday and arrived back around 4-5:30 for the group picture. After that we sometimes run the dragon one last time at sunset and then back for the cookout.

BRING A FAMILY RADIO (FRS).

They are indispensable!

Archived