LegacyGT.com

No chimes. Period.

I'm with you. Only downside to not doing the permanent thing is that every time you flash or disconnect the battery the chimes come back. I've been doing this a lot lately and the chimes are irritating me...

• 1 month later...
You did a better job digging up information than my cursory google search produced. I still didn't find any hard evidence in the Tribeca article that the driver seatbelt acts as an on-off switch for the airbag.

"The system also takes input from a seatbelt buckle switch, to determine if the driver is using the belt."

I don't interpret this as fire/do-not-fire variable, but it is not something that I would gamble with, and I too am not going to be cutting any wires.

If the drivers seat belt is unfastened how can the vehicle be involved in a collision therefore I suggest the trigger for firing the air bags does not discriminate whether it is buckled or not. Was wrong once so just a thoughthttp://legacygt.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif

• 4 weeks later...
Not a problem on the drivers side.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

well, i still have yet to get the 20 buckle thing to work since i killed my battery and had to do some stereo/wiring work this winter. :(

i think i will try both these mods. i would assume that i could always use a crappy butt connector to reattach the wiring if i end up getting rid of the car, something i had to do with my previous car before trading it in. i had that thing crazy wired and had to bring it back to stock including re-enabling the DRL. i don't plan to drive without my seat belt buckled, but there are too many times i sit in my car while it's running, parked to do paperwork or make phone calls, or whatever. that chime is so annoying, even my husband, who was completely opposed to doing the seat belt chime mod at all and previously stated it didn't bother him, was going insane while we sat next to the mail box to get the mail. i like to go through it while i'm sitting there, just to take a glance. he decided the chime was indeed more annoying than anything. i reminded him, now think of how annoying it is now, but multiply it by about 8 times in a day.... ya, that's why i go nuts about the damn chime! :(

i'm gonna test this out.. so i hope it works! thanks!

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Note I havent figured out the passenger side yet.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

ok, THANK YOU! last night, i did the seatbelt. i also installed my 3 pt harness for solo II and wow! NO CHIMES and the airbag is still good to go! i'll do the other fix for the door chimes..
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

• 3 months later...
I was wondering how do you disconnect the connector? I can barley get my fingers on it and I can't just pull it off. What's the catch to defeat the child proof part of the connector?

There's a little lever, IIRC on the part you pull out. Push down on it as you pull the connector toward the front of the car (away from you).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, at least it's safe. If I had realized it was easy to open that box, I might have thought of it myself.

Gotta do the same thing on our coffee maker...

In the box, as described in the scoobymods thread I referenced.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I simply unplugged the wiring harness attached to a little box

labeled "Seatbelt Timer" under my dashboard. All chimes are

disabled, and everything seems to work fine. I'd hate to think

I'd disabled my airbags though ...

BTW, this is older car: MY97 Legacy OB 2.5MT

• 6 years later...

thanks, mate! best way ever. i don't mind a quiet signal, but the original one is far too annoying.

20-times plugging did not work on my car, so i shall use this one. past hour i was actually was looking through to find where this damn buzzer is located to silent it somehow.

Archived