LegacyGT.com

'05 Legacy GT boost gauge install

johnAWD

I could have tried wiring the illumination into the dimmer switch, but it wasn't important to me - I keep the dash pretty bright...

Great write up. But, does anyone know how to make it dimmable with the rest of the gauges?

:iam:

I'd have preferred to use a non-shared reference, but that would involve more work than I had time for on the weekend. I put a couple of extra nipples on the intake mani of my last car for just that - non-shared sources for parts.

The BOV reference seems clean, and is post-intercooler, so I'm thinking that it's pretty accurate. But then, I've nothing else to compare it to yet.

My stock boost was 12-12.5psi after the install, vacuum was 20-22 in hg. At 6800 ft ASL.

nice write up...i see you tied into the bov for your gauge, hows the readings on that....

I ran my line through this gromet when I did my boost gauge install into the cubby... Clicky you can see the white tube running into that gromet to the left.. From there it was easy to fish it into the cubby. Clicky2

Awesome. This is exactly what I've been looking for. :) I'm installing a boost gauge next weekend and this is absolutely perfect.

Does anybody have any additional input on how to get the hose to the cubby? That is where I'm installing mine at.

• 1 month later...

I'm not the best with working on cars, and this will be my first real mod to the car (besides DRL and seatbelt chime disables) so I want to make sure I do everything right.

Question: How did you hook up the + wire to the ACC fuse? It looks like you just ran the wire right into the fuse. Also, where did you connect the - wire to?

Does anyone have a write-up of how to wire the gauge up to the dimmer switch?

Thanks for your help.

You just strip the end of the wire and stuff it in the hole before you push the fuse in. The ground can be wrapped around any of the screws pretty much. I plugged all the power wires in first and tapped the ground on a couple screws till I found a place I wanted to put it. Piece of cake.

There should be instructions that come with your gauge to tell you which wire to tap into which fuse. Just follow those directions and you should be fine.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

It will ground to any screw that is touching metal. I just used one that was down by the fuses since I had all the wires taped together when I fed them down there. You could just as easily attach it to a screw behind the cubby somewhere.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...

This is my install. I routed the vacuum line in a similar fashion. Used an a-pilar piece from jcs-pods.com for $160USD. Happy with the near OEM lookhttp://legacygt.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1517&pictureid=7808

http://legacygt.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1517&pictureid=7809

• 10 months later...

Archived