LegacyGT.com

exhaust

mustangendsley

Hey I just wanted to know if anyone is running the auto speed performance exhaust on there 2.5 GT 2005 MT. I really like the sound. Any sugestions of what to run on my car? And if I buy a turbo back exhaust do I really have to buy a AP? What happens if I don't?

it would be a waste of money. Not only with an AP will your car run correctly for that setup, (i.e. no boost creep) but it will be specifically re-tuned for a turboback exhaust. Netting you 310hp/345torque @ the crank (according to COBB). DOH IT WAS LATE AND I FORGOT HOW TO SPELL!
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

A turboback exhaust(which includes a downpipe) will net tangible and safe performance gains. After which an AP tune can be used to take advantage of the better flowing downpipe to extract even more gains.
I keed I keeed

Waste not waist.

An exhaust won't net you any performance gains on it's own, you need an AP to tune the engine in order to make the most of it.

Its not it's.

:lol: :lol: Just kidding...but you should practice proper grammar if you're going to preach it...

Cheers.

Waste not waist.

An exhaust won't net you any performance gains on it's own...

You couldn't be more wrong. I had an AP, then sold it, and what I was left with was a TBE & TMIC, stock tune, I had no problems running with stg 2 TMIC LGT's.

There are benefits and a little more power available with the AP, but Cobb's OTS maps add little to the topend, so just opening up the exhaust will net you 90% of the gains there are to be had. The majority of gains from any EM tweaking are from increasing boost/timing in the low-mid range, where the vf40 can still be somewhat efficient. This also contributes to the butt dyno feeling as alot more power, but if you put a stopwatch to it, reality tells a different story.

It was further proven, when the member from S. Jersey, ran some awesome times with just an Autospeed TBE. Times that rivaled any Cobb OTS maps.

You couldn't be more wrong. I had an AP, then sold it, and what I was left with was a TBE & TMIC, stock tune, I had no problems running with stg 2 TMIC LGT's.

There are benefits and a little more power available with the AP, but Cobb's OTS maps add little to the topend, so just opening up the exhaust will net you 90% of the gains there are to be had. The majority of gains from any EM tweaking are from increasing boost/timing in the low-mid range, where the vf40 can still be somewhat efficient. This also contributes to the butt dyno feeling as alot more power, but if you put a stopwatch to it, reality tells a different story.

It was further proven, when the member from S. Jersey, ran some awesome times with just an Autospeed TBE. Times that rivaled any Cobb OTS maps.

My bad, I read it as being a catback, and not a turboback as he actually stated.

I stand corrected :redface:

Archived