LegacyGT.com

instrument light question(s)

Hey,

i just bought my 4th Subie, a 2006 LL beanie.

it's my 2nd OBK and i've had 2 Legacy wagons previously.

initial inpression = it'll be a highway cruising beast, but not a corner carver (big surprise)! If i had to choose one word for it's handling, i'd consider............. ponderous. the weight of the H6 is noticeable.

Since 90+ % of my driving will be california FWY cruising, this should be a marriage made in car heaven.

On to the Questions

1. the ignition key illumination ring light flashes at ~ 1 Hz when the ignition is in the run position. headlights can be on or off= no difference.

I can't believe this is an intended feature ?????????

2. Is the SET button for clock adjust supposed to be illuminated when the headlights are on? Mine is NOT. no Nav system in this car

thanks

kleggo

2. Only the LGT has the sun button to turn the dash lighting to daylight setting when the headlights are on. Those with standard guages don't need this feature since you can see your gauges in the daytime.

2. Only the LGT has the sun button to turn the dash lighting to daylight setting when the headlights are on. Those with standard guages don't need this feature since you can see your gauges in the daytime.

thanks, that's interesting

but

how does that answer question # 2?

be safe

kleggo

1 - Mine does not flash either

2 - the set button does not light up

ummm, Sun button? Am I missing something? I understand what this is supposed to do but I have never seen one in my car... Are you talking about the sensor on the dash?

ummm, Sun button? Am I missing something? I understand what this is supposed to do but I have never seen one in my car... Are you talking about the sensor on the dash?
The 06s don't have it. Your only choice is to turn the dash illumination roller switch all the way up.

Archived