LegacyGT.com

Starting to get ANGRY at Subaru.....

:evil: Please allow me to vent a bit... I purchased my '05 LGT Lmtd. (5MT, short throw, spoiler, mirror, sub/amp) back on July 9th. I was told at that time that delivery was going to be around 6 weeks from the factory. So.... I waited patiently. Week and a half ago, the dealer calls me and tells me that my LGT is on the "pipeline report", slated for delivery on Monday, Aug. 23rd. Late last week, as you can imagine, I was getting pretty excited. Monday, around noon, my salesman calls me and tells me that he was checking the "transit report" and it lists my car as "DELAYED". I was expecting a call to tell me the car was there!!!!! :x I ask him what delayed means.....(eg. - delayed in shipment, delayed in manufacture, etc.). He doesn't have a clue, or where my car is even at, and puts a call into Subaru. I ended up calling him on Tuesday afternoon, and asked for an update. He tells me that Subaru is having some type of an issue with the rear spoiler. Kinda sounds like they are out of them or something. I ask him to call me as soon as he hears anything. So today, I wait all day, no contact. So I call around 5 PM and talk to him again. He says that there are no updates. I asked him for an updated delivery date, but he/Subaru cannot provide one. So, now after 7 weeks of waiting..... I sit here waiting some more, for who knows how much longer, for my LGT to come in... :evil:

I must have been lucky.. My dealership found the car I wanted in Idaho (i'm in utah), and paid out of pocket to have it shipped to me from there. So I wouldn't have to wait the 6-8 weeks they told me for a factory order.

They actually have a non-GT in regal blue (w/ spoiler) on their lot. I asked if they could just switch deck lids, but they cannot even get Subaru to ship the car. I kinda think it hasn't been finished yet..... :x

That would definately tick me off. I can understand your frustration. It wouldn't be as bad if they would just tell you what is happening and what to expect. I would try to get it without the spoiler and see if you can get them to give it to you gratis for the trouble.

Sorry to hear that. Similar situation happened to me during my order/wait process, and I remedied the situation by bitting the bullet, and went to a different dealer. I called around and see if other dealers have a model, closest to my requirements, in ordered. (That is assuming they have none in stock.) Check for their *estimate* delievery date, negoiate the price, and go on from there. Having said that, you have to consider the reputation of the dealer. Or the lack of.

I already have a $1K deposit on the car with this dealer, so I really can't just move on to another. Anyhow, it seems to really be more of an issue with SIA and not the dealer. If I could get a contact there, I would talk to them myself. However, all I can do at this point is be persistant with my dealer. And...I like the car better [b]with[/b] the spoiler, so dropping it really isn't an option.... [quote name='Helfrick']That would definately tick me off. I can understand your frustration. It wouldn't be as bad if they would just tell you what is happening and what to expect. [/quote] Exactly..... I really don't get the feeling that SIA is being straight with me. My salesman is having a lot of problems determining what the status really is....

Why don't you call 1 800 subaru3 and ask them. or go on the web site and find availibility of your model. That is what I did back in late june. My dealer Steve Lewis Subaru in N. Hampton MA. found one, but for some reason couldn't get it so they found another one the next day. I can't believe it's that's hard. Think about. The options can be added at anytime. Subaru has made 1000's of these cars. They just don't make one a day.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

It depends what you are looking for...i know a lot of people had some problems finding a wagon with 5MT and then limited, non-limited etc... Personally i had no problems...walked in made the deal, walked out little over an hour later. Picked up the car 2 days after that! Simple as cake! Silver 5mt sedan w/ spoiler

If you are the same fellow I responded to in another thread, I'm afraid my post was in vain. I'll try once more, sorry if I sound arrogant...I don't mean to be. First, you should never have given a $1,000 deposit - your fault. Second, they shouldn't have asked for one. Again, your fault, for going with a dealer that isn't showing you 'respect'. Deals are very often done without deposits or smaller deposits with the understanding ('standard' understanding) that it is refundable for ANY reason. You're the boss, unless you decide to be treated like trash. Third, at this point I hope you're talking to the GM, not a salesman. Fourth, follow the advice that says to talk to someone at Subaru proper. Fifth, you've been losing interest on $1,000. If the practical matter of that doesn't get you disgusted, nothing will. Sixth. If you can't get results or satisfaction....stop complaining and tell the GM you want a check cut for your deposit IMMEDIATELY. Only you can let yourself be treated this way - no one to blame but yourself. Hopefully this post will help, but I have a feeling you're going to get kicked around a little more. This is the problem when folks get emotional over cars...as we all do. One just has to put that aside, forget about how much we 'need' the car and remember that there are other dealers and that it is better to stick up for yourself and show patience...than be kicked, and kicked, and kicked. If this isn't the same chap as the one I replied to in another thread...my apologies (although some of the advice may apply).

But what are your options, really? If you have the deposit in and are committed to waiting, patience will provide the most comfort. Of course you want the car to show up, but it isn't here. I ordered my car, placed the deposit, and walked away. My dealer said "at least" 8 weeks for my MT GT wagon. I said "Fine," and left. Certainly, the anticipation built by the "It's on the way" call would be something of a letdown when the car didn't show up. But believe me, if there's a problem or unexpected delay, Subaru is doing all that it can to resolve it. They know that people are waiting for their cars, and that this experience, if it is a customer's first, could set the tone for future desirability of dealings with Subaru. Relax. It's worth the wait. :D Kevin

This what to expect when you order a car. They bs all the time. As far as ordering for specific options, thats mostly a waste of time. You have only a few decisions to make. 1.) Sedan / Wagon 2.) Limited / Non-Limited 3.) manual / auto I suppose you can add color to that too, some peolpe are set on certain colors. Everything else for these cars can be installed later. If the car has too many things on it, and you don't want them, tell the dealer. Chances are they will cut you a better deal on somehting that they can find on the lot or in the area rather than order it. I would only resort to ordering as a last option if there was NO chance of finding something i wanted.

The reason to 'not wait, would be that you have a hefty deposit down. At a minimum, they should refund the deposit and still get the car. They asked for a higher than usual deposit in the first place. I don't mean to belabor, but folks have to stick up for themselves. My mother used to say (and still does)..."You have a mouth, use it." If, the dealer said it would be a good 8 weeks or so...that's one thing. If they started touting definite arrival dates that have come and gone - it shows they either are pacifying the client, unsure of their own facts, or simply don't mind disappointing the client....or they don't have the interest in pushing Subaru to get 'this' client satisfied. All are negatives.....especially, again, after considering they've borrowed his money interest free. The money 'IS' refundable. He does have options. If the dealer said it wasn't refundable - he's at the wrong dealer. There is a difference between a delay, patience, and a good dealer...and loss of use of a significant mount of money and a feeling of 'helplessness'. I'd like to know how many people here have been requested to put down $1,000 non refundable deposits...and for rather indefinite amounts of time.

I never put a deposit down. Dealers know that cars are emotional purchases, and that the impact of putting money down essentially seals the deal with that particular dealer. Get your money back. They'll hem and haw, but they have not exercised good faith. Don't accept anything less than your deposit back. You'll probably have a new car delivered once you do that, if the dealer has any sense. In any case, call SoA. They will respond to your call. If you'd like, I have the number of the regional manager for the South East. I am sure he can help you out.

Let me tell you a story you might find disturbing. I bought my car last week. When I was at the dealer, the salesman told me a story of a customer who had ordered a very specific car. When it was getting close to the date that the customer was promised his car (many weeks after ordering) the salesman discovered that the order had never actually been made in the first place. Now they had to come up with excuses for the customer and find him a car similar to the one he ordered, quick. Your dealer is possibly not being completely honest with you. But who ever heard of a sales department lying? :roll: My advice, get your $1000 back NOW. I bet they come up with a car very quickly. As an aside, by doing a little searching of dealer inventories on subaru.com, I was able to find exactly the car I wanted already sitting on a dealer lot, fresh off the delivery truck. My wait time? 12 hours. -Nick

The sad thing is you really don't know if its subaru's fault, or the dealer jerking you around. Might not hurt to call SOA to see what they say, or tey another dealer and see what they say. They LOVE that kind of stuff. Go in, say you had one on order with such and such a dealer but now they keep jerking you around, and if they can match the deal and get it to you ASAP you will go with them. Chances are they will do it, because they LOVE stealing a sale from someone else, and its like free advertising because they KNOW you will tell everyone who asks about your car how you were GOING to get it from dealer A, but they jerked you around forever and you ended up having to get your money back and go with dealer B...

That is what I was looking for, [b]orpie_lightfoot[/b] .... some difinitive information.... it is RBP .. Thank you! [quote name='bolbo']They asked for a higher than usual deposit in the first place.[/quote] Actually, I decided to put the $1K down on the car.... for my own personal reasons.... The dealer did not ask me to do so. The interest "lost" is minimal, esp. since I am buying the car outright... [quote name='bolbo']If, the dealer said it would be a good 8 weeks or so...that's one thing. If they started touting definite arrival dates that have come and gone - it shows they either are pacifying the client, unsure of their own facts, or simply don't mind disappointing the client....or they don't have the interest in pushing Subaru to get 'this' client satisfied. All are negatives.....especially, again, after considering they've borrowed his money interest free.[/quote] That was/is my main frustration. I don't have an issue with the dealer (SEE THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD). My main gripe is that I was given a date. On [b]that[/b] date, I was told the car was delayed. (I consider this poor communication on the part of Subaru). Now it is a week later and I still didn't have the story until [b]Orpie[/b] was so kind as to enlighten me. Subaru has not been forthright with information to my dealership.... that is my gripe....

having sold Subaru's at Illinois largest dealer for 6 years , I can say that my experience with ordering cars , and what i say to customers, leads me to say it is your SALESMANS fault, regardless, for giving you an exact date. ShI# happens(like your spoiler incident) and that is why ALL my factory order customers are told 6-10 weeks. And we can ALWAYS get a factory order in that time . Then we dont have to fumble for excuses if it doesn't make it in 6(it usually does). As far as leaving a deposit...1000 is what EVERY customer gives us on a factory order , and it is only refundable if the car is damaged or mis-equiped, or doesnt arrive on time. And i can make perfect sense of why most dealers want a (non-refundable*) deposit: Subaru only allows each dealer so many cars per month (especially GT's and Sti"s) If a sold order is placed w/ SOA and that car is not reported sold ,to the same name as the factory order was placed, SOA takes away 1 car of the same make and model from your next allocation. Which in the long run is costing the dealer MORE than 1000 dollars on a sale lost. Anyone here ever have JDM parts from Japan special ordered w/o payment in full , or at least a large% deposit???? I dont think so. Mike...

I'll correct my stance. My experience with deposits is for dealers getting cars in from other dealers in their circles (no, or minimal refundable deposit). I'll retract my statement concerning deposits on factory orders. I have no experience with that.

Yeah.. thanks for asking, [b]Stef[/b]. I picked up the car on Tuesday night. I am happy... :D Just kinda sad that I have to get the story from someone one here because the communication through the dealer is so bad.... :| Now I just need to get the few minor issues ironed out (some bent fins on the intercooler, and scratches on the front bumper). Dealer said it would be taken care of...

Archived