LegacyGT.com

Perrin intake charge pipe for the Leggy

-Smoke_

I recently ordered a intake charge pipe for my Leggy. I was going to wait until I get it installed, but I just had to let the world know! Both Perrin and Scoobytuner sell them. It goes for about $100. I'm not sure if it's worth it, but it has to flow better than the stock accordian piece.

I did the airbox mod, K&N filter, and I'm waiting for this. It should be a nice "stock" looking setup that should have pretty good breathing. I'm getting it in black.

The part # is PSP-INT-355. here's a pic of a rex with it.

http://www.perrinperformance.com/assets/headers/head01.jpg

This auction is for BRAND NEW and 100% GENUINE Perrin Intake Charge Pipe for the Subaru Impreza WRX STi

Application: 2004+ STi

http://www.perrinperformance.com/assets/titles/STI/Intake_Charge.gif

http://www.perrinperformance.com/assets/images/subaru/tn/intake_hose01.jpg

The PERRIN Performance™ intake charge pipe provides maximum horsepower and torque gains for those customers who want to retain their factory air box.

The PERRIN Performance™ intake charge pipe system is designed to replace the corrugated and restrictive air hose of your factory intake system. The ultra smooth interior walls of this piece increase airflow and eliminating the factory hose corrugation, which disrupts airflow.

PERRIN™ intake components use colorful silicone tubing to dress up the engine bay and fight heat soak. Using Flexible silicone tubes make installation easy and prevent wear damage at contact points.

http://www.perrinperformance.com/assets/images/misc/silicon_colors.gif

"You poke it, You own it" - Man law supporter

^ I think it's actually a WRX.....

Look at the way that the proximal portion of the air scoop/ram dives into the fenderline, instead of tapering/cutting-off like ours.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

That is a pic of a WRX. They don't have this part listed or pictured for the Leggy, as it is new. I believe with all of these pieces together (air box mod, K&N filter, and pipe), I should have a pretty good intake, without the noise, and water worries. I should be getting it in a few days, hopefully! :icon_bigg

performance or teh rice?

I'm going for "stealth" performance. That's why I kept the airbox, and got this part in "stealthy" black. I like having the element of surprise! :icon_surp

I just got my samco charge pipe today. I am kinda of disappointed because the pipe I ordered (i thought) was the pipe that the charge pipe connects to (with all the sensors) I will install it and give feedback of the pipe. It cant give that much more power because it is only about 6 inches long.

anything good about it besides looks? Just wondering if its worth the 100 bucks.

Chappy,

I would say that depends on what you are looking for. If you have a stock filter and box, I would say no way.

If you are looking to optimize for the best flow possible, while utilizing the stock airbox, and you have:

1) Aftermarket airfilter (K&N or Perrin etc.)

2) Performed airbox mod, and you do not have the 3" hole plugged, which decreases the air flow (I noticed the difference on mine, from plugged to open)

I would say yes. I still haven't received mine yet, but it has to flow better than the stock accordian piece. I am going for the stealth setup, and to get the full potential out of this system, you would need to swap this. If you can find a piece of hose that would fit, it would do the same thing, for much cheaper. It only has two minor "S" bends.

This is my view on it, take it or leave it!

2) Performed airbox mod, and you do not have the 3" hole plugged, which decreases the air flow (I noticed the difference on mine, from plugged to open)

So do you think it flows better with the hole covered or not and why?

So do you think it flows better with the hole covered or not and why?

I had a 3" plug in mine for a few tanks of gas, then I unplugged it, and modified the old baffle by cutting it to direct air into the hole, and I noticed much more pull from it. I was very happy with this mod. :icon_bigg I actually took a pic, but I butchered my old baffle by cutting the front, and a side up. If I were to redo it, I would just cut the front open. I think of this as a "free ram air" setup. I just have 2 intakes!

71923988_airboxmod1.JPG.96d4ce3bb7f60e2af761814885e58ed9.JPG

Archived