Favorite Catback Exhaust

panamajack

i like my custom catback

but if i had to choose something that's mass production

i have to say stromug

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

300 bucks one?

how did you manage that, the magnaflow cans you are showing, go for about that much themselves.

thats probably just the labor cost to put it together (:

Curious,

PS

300 bucks one?

how did you manage that, the magnaflow cans you are showing, go for about that much themselves.

Curious,

PS

My exhaust cost me $350. $100 ea. for my Magnaflows, and $150 for labor and new piping from the 3rd cat back (not stainless). It is possible. ;)
:orly:YA RLY!!! Home of +2500 useless posts!!!!

My exhaust cost me $350. $100 ea. for my Magnaflows, and $150 for labor and new piping from the 3rd cat back (not stainless). It is possible. ;)

Maybe in CA, but not here in NH.

300 bucks one?

Curious,

PS

nothing like having your dads best buddy/neighbor who happens to be a known mechanic/old school street racer who can just pick up the phone and refer some work to be done....:icon_bigg

and that price is for everything...

nothing like having your dads best buddy/neighbor who happens to be a known mechanic/old school street racer who can just pick up the phone and refer some work to be done....:icon_bigg

and that price is for everything...

don't rub it in! :icon_twis ....put him to work and do group buys here and you can make some monies and we can be happy :icon_bigg

In Taiwan now...:spin:

i paid 80 bucks for my mufflers

300 bucks for 3" piping + custom 3" y-pipe and silverline resonated tips

total of 380

but i'm gonna have to weld in a resonator...kinda too loud :lol:

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

ok I understand this thread is about the best catback not considering the $$$ but if you consider the money which one is the BEST FOR THE MONEY? I am extremely interested because I am in the market for one but being a college student I am a little tight on the funds. Also whats better the Greddy SP2 or the EVO2 and why?

currerntly running a straight pipe as my "catback".. no more than $40 ;)

2.5" piping = $20

flange = $5

pipe clamp = $5

spring bolts = $2

labor for doing 2 bends, 2 pipe flares and weld a 3/8" rod as a hanger onto the end of the pipe= $8

It's really not as loud as you think.

Keefe

ok I understand this thread is about the best catback not considering the $$$ but if you consider the money which one is the BEST FOR THE MONEY? I am extremely interested because I am in the market for one but being a college student I am a little tight on the funds. Also whats better the Greddy SP2 or the EVO2 and why?

I don't think one is "better" than the other, they are different beasts.

The EVO 2 is louder and wilder, the SP2 is more subdued and civilised. Power differences are probably almost the same, prices aren't too far off either.

I thought the SP2 was made for the wagon and the sedan and if it is can someone post a pic of the legacy with the SP2 on it. I am not into that loud noise anymore but its weird that you say the EVO 2 is loud cause i had a Nissan Sentra Spec V with an EVO 2 on it and it was fairly mild. I am sure its different for every car though.

^ Definitely different for every car. :)

There's definitely some consensus as to the SP2 being mellower, more sophisticated than the EVO2, but depending on the specific vehicle and specific hardware on-vehicle, their "absolute" volume/tone can differ tremendously.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived