LegacyGT.com

New Opel Astra GTC

I really don't understand the panoramic roof from a structural standpoint. Looks cool though. Saturn is making big moves. Does the Vue still come with the honda sourced engine?

Me neither, but it's very nice!!!

I really wish they brought this car here with a nice engine, as OTC is the sports division for Opel...

Saturn Vue is still using the 240hp VTEC engine from Honda AFAIK....

They are really marketing Saturn to be the fast and young attitude car brand from the GMC umbrella, and I do hope they get back on track and do it, cause in Europe, we have so many nice Opel and Vaxhaull models, that so much we would love to have in the States...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Mazda kabura and Peugeot 907 concepts had the same sort of deal...

but this overlooks one thing: sunvisors. and with that much glass, the sun can be a big problem.

I do wonder how that affects the crush dynamics of the passenger compartment... would the A-pillars spread or get compacted, and what about roll-overs...

Interesting idea, and I like sunroofs/glass roofs, but I am not sure about giving up the windsheild header...

Mazda kabura and Peugeot 907 concepts had the same sort of deal...

but this overlooks one thing: sunvisors. and with that much glass, the sun can be a big problem.

There's a sliding portion (just like on a sunroof) that has sunvisors in it..

I saw it on Autoline Detroit on SPEED.

cool roof - crap car

I must disagree with you my friend... Opel OTC cars are really nice made cars, and nothing like the rest of the GM crap models... Don't confuse them!!! hehehehehehe

I actually have driven an Astra OTC (Now they started calling their sporty cars GTC) and a Vectra GSi (OTC) and those were really nice Opel/Vaxhaul machines, very well built, lots of power throughout the range and no stuttering at all!! Just kidding heheheheheeh

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Archived