LegacyGT.com

Loaner car when serviced?

Depends on the dealer...

By contract you don't have the right to one, Subaru is not a premium brand like Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus etc...

However if you are taking your car to the same dealer you bought it from, chances are you will get a loaner if the service is major and not just an oil change....

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Depends on the dealer...

By contract you don't have the right to one, Subaru is not a premium brand like Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus etc...

However if you are taking your car to the same dealer you bought it from, chances are you will get a loaner if the service is major and not just an oil change....

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

+1 [/thread]

I keed I keeed

I deal with the same dealer ALL the time....Specialty Motors in North Vancouver BC.....They have ALWAYS given me a loaner, even for short term visits of a few hours. GEE??? Maybe that is the kinda service that keeps me going back???

They always use Subies for loaners....mostly Foresters and Imprezas. :)

I get a loaner for anything, including an oil change. Bad thing is that the loaner is not a subie, but a rent-a-car. Is all good though. They only give loaners to people that purchased from the dealership though.

X

---

I deal with the same dealer ALL the time....Specialty Motors in North Vancouver BC.....They have ALWAYS given me a loaner, even for short term visits of a few hours. GEE??? Maybe that is the kinda service that keeps me going back???

They always use Subies for loaners....mostly Foresters and Imprezas. :)

You get that service because you are so close to Carter Subaru in Seattle. They have one of the biggest rental fleets out there of all subies of all kinds, outbacks (including the most expensive) imprezas, foresters, legacys. I heard that they had a couple of STI's for a while and now B9's in their fleet.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

I get a loaner if I ask for one........Last one was a 2.5i, they always say we'll give it to ya cuz your our favorite customer........;)

Come on... This dealership must be from a relative of yours!! heheheeheheheheh

What a mama/papa relationship heheheeheheheheh

Just messing with you man!! We need to schedule another lunch someday...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

depends on the service at most dealers..

i've never had a loaner car given to me (from any dealer) when i take my car in for general maintenance (ie: oil change...)

however, everytime i've ever taken any car in for any kind of warranty related service - i've always gotten a loaner car.

Last year I had two major repairs done to my 05, OBXT. First my center differential needed to be replaced and second my dashboard needed to be replaced.

Both repairs involved extended periods where I was without my car. And both times I was given a base, 05 LGT as a loaner. Basic cars that only had the 5EAT as far options go.

Both loaners had the window stickers in the glove box and they clearly stated "Dealer loaner special" or someting along that line right on the sticker.

Archived