LegacyGT.com

k&n intake.....

rizenx

It's a good intake. ALthough a lot of people here are going to tell you not to run an aftermarket intake with out a custom ECU tune.. THe intake could potentially through off your MAF readings and cause the engine to run lean, causing knock.

use at your own risk i suppose.

I was offered a k&n typhoon for $200 plus install,

is this the best intake for a stick gt?

It appears you live in California so you ought to be aware the K&N Typhoon intake kit doesn't have an EO# that covers a 2006 Legacy GT. Subaru's new SPT intake will have an EO# for your Legacy when it comes out in a month or two.

']It appears you live in California so you ought to be aware the K&N Typhoon intake kit doesn't have an EO# that covers a 2006 Legacy GT. Subaru's new SPT intake will have an EO# for your Legacy when it comes out in a month or two.

EO#?

does that have to do with emmissions testing?

i was planning on getting the cobb stage 1 and 2 without a doubt, but if this k&n intake causes knock and if it doesn't work well with the AP ECU then what does??

Does Cobb Make a nice Intake?

The Cobb intake for the LGT application is still pending release.

And no, Cobb specifically does not recommend the use of *any* aftermarket intake with any of their "off-the-shelf" AP maps - only with custom maps is such use recommended.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived