LegacyGT.com

Boost gauge install

johnAWD

So I've had the car less than 24 hrs and am under the hood looking at places to run the vacuum/boost line into the cabin.

Searching has shown one install running the hose across the block to a boot on the passenger side, but I'd much rather run the hose into the cabin on the drivers side.

With that said - where are you guys running the line into the cabin?

Thanks,

-john

You need to send it via the fender. The wire harness exits from the side of the foot compartment and goes via the fender.

Just take some of the tabs off the fender lines to access the space. Its quite easy.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

you can also run it via a small "pass-thru" on the driver's side between the rear corner of the hood (engine bay) and the fender right under the A-pillar. my boost gauge used a very small 3/32" dia tube that I snaked thru using a coat hanger to guide it thru. then run it under the rubber seal along the A-pillar and thru the interior A-pillar cover. I can take some pics if you want. this is useful only if you're using a dashboard mounting cup like I did. not practical for using the cubby.

Anyone know where to buy more boost gauge tubing? All i can get is 1/4" OD, need the 1/8" OD unless you guys think that 1/4" should suffice.

Try Autozone, which has adapters to transition from one tubing ID to another.

QUESTION: I'm putting a voltmeter in my cubby. Any reason why I can't take the leads to the cubby light and connect them to the voltmeter + and - terminals to measure battery voltage?

Doesn't the cubby light switch off unless the running/parking/head-lamps are engaged?

You could run a set of wires down to the cigarette lighter pretty easily, though. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

;) NP ! Glad to be of assistance! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived