LegacyGT.com

Trying to change settings

Mungo

Spoke to the service department at Kearny Mesa Subaru about whether they charge or perform personal settings alterations as a courtesy to owners.

They do it for a charge. E.g. $95 to change the setting from 17 to 18 inch wheels.

Claimed that the one-touch all-open doors is not a setting that can be changed.

Dismissed my contention that my shock sensor security system wasn't off.

Not a great conversation. I was under the impression that these changes would take 5 minutes.

Has anyone had a more productive discussion on this topic with a local dealer?

Typically within the first year, first 12000 miles, dealers will (if you bought the vehicle there or brought it in from out of state) do the changes for you as a courtesy.

I bought my car up in Irvine but have the work done at this dealership. Did you talk to Rick about what you wanted to get done or did you get headed off at the pass by one of the service writers?

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Honestly, I am still trying to get my center console bezel shipped and installed by them...since apparently you can't do warranty work on saturday, and they don't give you a courtesy car on any day. What happens if you have some long term work to be done? :iam:

I have no idea when my work will get done.

What are you trying to get done? And for all warranty work (clutch replaced, ECU reflashed are two that immediately come to mind) on my car, Subaru has put me into a rental car. Who are you dealing with at the dealership?

SBT

What are you trying to get done? And for all warranty work (clutch replaced, ECU reflashed are two that immediately come to mind) on my car, Subaru has put me into a rental car. Who are you dealing with at the dealership?

SBT

Well I have talked to Dan, and I believe the service manager, forget his name. Is the rental car a Subaru thing? or a Dealer thing. One of them made mention to that is part of a service agreement, not a dealer agreement, or something like that. I need the plastic around the shifter replaced...the one side hangs low...second time it needs to be replaced...ugh..

psu = Penn State Univ grad?

Mungo = PSU class of 1995

Sweet!! Hell yes PSU grad. Class of '04, so you have about 9 years on me :icon_bigg.

Number 3 in the nation!!!

Are there any "PSU" events over here during football season? With the world's largest alumni association....blah blah blah, hopefully there is!

Well I have talked to Dan, and I believe the service manager, forget his name. Is the rental car a Subaru thing? or a Dealer thing. One of them made mention to that is part of a service agreement, not a dealer agreement, or something like that. I need the plastic around the shifter replaced...the one side hangs low...second time it needs to be replaced...ugh..

If it's warranty work and it looks like it'll take a day or more, they'll get you into a rental on Subaru's dime. Hope the shifter surround replacement works out for you.

SBT

Archived