LegacyGT.com

ECM reflash

Do a search and you'll find many threads on this. Bottom line - SOA reflash doesn't do the trick and neither does an AP reflash (for many of us that is - there are exceptions). What you will find is that after a reflash the stutter will disappear...for while...and then return.

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

Talk to a local turner and see if they can reflash you to Stage 1 temp and then back to stock. Usually fixes the issue.

Agreed. The first time I tried out the AP it was in a temporary situation. I used it for a weekend, and then reverted back to stock using the AP. Maybe the "stock" AP map is just "right"? After that (100s of miles later mind you), there was little to no stutter in my car. Then again, my car also cranks right away on the first try after using the AP, so maybe I am special :icon_bigg. Try out a local tuner's then revert to stock, see if that doesn't help things out. Otherwise: :iam:

God I love that new emoticon!!!

Has anyone that experienced the studder had it go away after a clutch replacement?

I drove my friends LGT 5sp the other day and his studder is virtually gone (he had his clutch replaced around 11k miles under warranty)....

Of course I never drove his car before the clutch work was done, but my car studders like that dude on Howard Stern, and his doesn't....

Archived