LegacyGT.com

Some great prices from a dealer in Mass..

fzanetti

Guys,

I saw this add yesterday on a paper, and they are really selling at some great prices!!!

They sold a Spec B for 28K8 this past Sunday too!!!

Flyer:

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dda/index.jsp?dealership_view_name=ss1&car_id=194298719&dealer_id=52257991

Good luck

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Hate to be an internet sharpshooter, but Singer is actually over the line, in Plaistow, NH.

You know Plaistow - "Gateway to Haverhill."

Damn I thought they were in Mass, once i got their flyer on Boston Globe yesterday!!

Those seem to be good prices!!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

28.8k Scans007 maybe?

I think his was 28K5 or something....

Natick Metro West offered me for 29K last week, when I went for an oil change... If I wanted to trade in mine!!!!!

heheheheeheh

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

it depends on how you feel about the history of the cars. in short the subie factory in ohio suffered major losses from a wind storm damaging a large fleet of cars. they decided to auction off the cars to dealers (and probably get the difference through their insurance carrier). these cars are technically used since they've been purchased by the respective dealers. they have your standard factory warranty (as buying a used car from an individual would give). in reality, you really need to see the cars since some have damage, some don't. one dealer (kill bill kolb) is charging extra for the door remotes. i personally didn't see the benefit of saving 1-2K dollars for one of those cars, not the least because it comes from kolb. as always, ymmv.

exactly. i just looked at the site and "special situation demo" puts up a red flag.

only way to sell a spec b for that price mentioned in the beginning of the thread is if it was another "special situation demo". Net cost is still something like $30-31k if i remember ours correctly including holdback...

• 1 month later...

I actually bought my 2006 Leg GT 5 speed from Singer last month for $24,900 with 120 miles on it (No I didn't have to pay extra for keys, remote or floormats). It was a "Wind Damaged" car as stated above. I corroborated this story and found several other dealers all over the country offering 2006 Legacies, Outbacks and Tribecas as used with less than 100 miles on them (most have about 20 miles). The catch is that you don't get a factory paint warranty, but I had the dealer rep in writing to the fact that no paint work has been done to the car. In fact, upon waxing the car and going over every inch, I only found one <3mm scratch on it. The paint looks absolutely brand new.

The owner of that Subie dealer told me that Subaru ranked these cars 1 to 4 as far as damage. All of the cars he bought had no visible damage and were the ones on the lower part of the scale. He bought 40 of them and only had a handful left as of last month.

BTW, if you are into extended warranties, these cars are also eligible for the Subaru 7yr 100K mile extended warranty. I opted to pass on this, as my wife has owned Subarus in the past and they are very reliable.

Archived